Pulsar Trail XQ38 Video

D

djones

funny you mention that. some bonehead around here, i don't remember who cause there are so many, said i needed a spare when the zeus took a crap. sounded like a good idea. thought the reap would be a good fit between a spare and a scouting unit. when i looked thru it i was like clint eastwood in when he floored the firefox. first thing to come to mind was chimmy fuggin changa... is this a machine!!! i guess i'll need the battery pack for it because it will be staying on all night... when it quits raining. i'd better keep the zeus tho, you know... in case the reapir can't handle hot loads.

Last edited by a moderator:

LSB Active Member
wondering about the 'brightness' or maybe it's called contrast. It seems the Armasight is significantly brigher. Not sure if I'm using the right words here, but hopefully you can tell what I'm getting at. Is that just how you have your Trail set and can it be made 'brighter' like the Armasight? Thanks for the vids!

LSB Active Member
Yes, this is the XQ, which is 384x288. The XP is 640x480.

33671688541_13ab1f77fc_z.jpg
Whta kind of clamp do you use on your tripod? Looks like a clean setup!

rich20730

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wondering about the 'brightness' or maybe it's called contrast. It seems the Armasight is significantly brigher. Not sure if I'm using the right words here, but hopefully you can tell what I'm getting at. Is that just how you have your Trail set and can it be made 'brighter' like the Armasight? Thanks for the vids!

Yes, the brightness and contrast can be adjusted on the Trail. The image looks quite a bit better through the eyepiece than what the video shows. Pretty much exactly the same as the Apex XD50S. Here's a video I took through the eyepiece of the XD50S:

Whta kind of clamp do you use on your tripod? Looks like a clean setup!

That is the ZRODelta DCLW: DCLW Head-S | ZRODelta

Sidelight

LSB Member
I'd really like to see a strictly optical/resolution comparison between the Apex XD, Apex XQ and Trail XQ. Someones observations are fine, I don't need video.

rich20730

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd really like to see a strictly optical/resolution comparison between the Apex XD, Apex XQ and Trail XQ. Someones observations are fine, I don't need video.

Apex XD38A - 384x288, 25 µm; 1.5X, HFOV: 14.4° Detection range: 1039 yds
Apex XD50A - 384x288, 25 µm; 2X, HFOV: 11° Detection range: 1367 yds
Apex XD75A - 384x288, 25 µm; 3X, HFOV: 7.2° Detection range: 1750 yds

Apex XQ38 - 384x288, 17 µm; 2.1X, HFOV: 9.8° Detection range: 1476 yds
Apex XQ50 - 384x288, 17 µm; 2.8X, HFOV: 7.5° Detection range: 1969 yds

Trail XQ38 - 384x288, 17 µm; 2.1X, HFOV: 9.8° Detection range: 1476 yds
Trail XQ50 - 384x288, 17 µm; 2.8X, HFOV: 7.5° Detection range: 1969 yds

Trail XP38 - 640x480, 17 µm; 1.2X, HFOV: 16.3° Detection range: 1476 yds
Trail XP50 - 640x480, 17 µm; 1.6X, HFOV: 12.4° Detection range: 1969 yds

Since the XQ models have a 17 micron pixel pitch, compared to 25 µm for the Apex XD series, the XQ38 is roughly equivalent to the XD50 and the XQ50 is roughly equivalent to the XD75.

I'm guessing the reason why the XQ50 has a longer stated detection range than the XD75 despite having less magnification/wider field of view, is because it has a faster lens - F/1.2 (50mm) vs. F/1.4 (75mm)

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does the auto record feature work on the new Pulsar trail scopes? If so do u have to set it up or turn it on first? Is it waiting on a firmware update before that feature is available? Or did I dream up this feature and it doesn't/won't ever exist on these units? I'm asking bc I hunted this weekend and forgot to hit the record button with the new trail XQ38 and if it automatically recorded I need to RTFM and upload some video lol

rich20730

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does the auto record feature work on the new Pulsar trail scopes? If so do u have to set it up or turn it on first? Is it waiting on a firmware update before that feature is available? Or did I dream up this feature and it doesn't/won't ever exist on these units? I'm asking bc I hunted this weekend and forgot to hit the record button with the new trail XQ38 and if it automatically recorded I need to RTFM and upload some video lol

As far as I know it does not, but I have heard they plan to add it in a future firmware update.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does anyone know if the audio is working on the recording yet?
Also when they will have a better mount on them..

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can't get the videos to play on my iPhone 7 or on my windows lap top. It won't play on windows media player, windows movie maker or VLC media player on my lap top pc.
I can connect my wifi to the scope on my phone but I can't get VLC to find anything related to the scope to playback video.
Help??

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can't get the videos to play on my iPhone 7 or on my windows lap top. It won't play on windows media player, windows movie maker or VLC media player on my lap top pc.
I can connect my wifi to the scope on my phone but I can't get VLC to find anything related to the scope to playback video.
Help??
You can't get the recorded files to open?

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can't get the recorded files to open?
They're avi files on my computer and won't open. Says something like corrupt file or something. And on my phone on the streamvision app it says the video files have 0 bytes. I can view the images though. The app also keeps disconnecting from the scopes wifi. And sometimes even when it is connected to the wifi, it won't let me stream the view through the phone screen or let me go to the files.

rich20730

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They're avi files on my computer and won't open. Says something like corrupt file or something. And on my phone on the streamvision app it says the video files have 0 bytes. I can view the images though. The app also keeps disconnecting from the scopes wifi. And sometimes even when it is connected to the wifi, it won't let me stream the view through the phone screen or let me go to the files.

Try VLC player if you haven't already. It has worked pretty well for me playing video files that won't open in other programs. You can also try converting them to a different file format. I use AnyVideoConverterHD to convert the .avi files to an apple/iPhone compatible format.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Try VLC player if you haven't already. It has worked pretty well for me playing video files that won't open in other programs. You can also try converting them to a different file format. I use AnyVideoConverterHD to convert the .avi files to an apple/iPhone compatible format.
Yup. I use Any Video Converter as well.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think it's an issue with the particular unit. The phone keeps disconnecting from the wifi every few minutes. It's showing that I made videos on May 25, 2017. The videos are coming up as 0 bytes. Half the time it won't let me view through the lens on the phone screen. Half the time I can't access pics/vids at all.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter