Pulsar Trail XQ38 Video

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's pretty impressive. Is that the 383 version?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Decent picture and some fine shootin on some DANDY hogs!!! GOOD ON YA!! BANG BANG!!
Would you post a picture of the unit please?

rich20730

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's pretty impressive. Is that the 383 version?

Yes, this is the XQ, which is 384x288. The XP is 640x480.

Decent picture and some fine shootin on some DANDY hogs!!! GOOD ON YA!! BANG BANG!!
Would you post a picture of the unit please?

33671688541_13ab1f77fc_z.jpg

fanninland

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video, very informative. The inset magnification box feature seems pretty neat. Glad to see more innovative products hitting the market.

Solid shooting on some big pigs too!

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like the picture in picture a lot. It's super useful but proprietary to pulsar stuff. I'm doing a video hunt with the pulsar staff this weekend on my place with the XP50 640 Trail. Hoping the pigs cooperate. I've used it but haven't hunted with it yet. I know it'll be an impressive unit.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good demo video ... and some good hogs down! Pulsar stuff is looking good so far.

LSB Active Member
Wow thanks! I saw the 500 yard hog at the beginning. Did you get a chance to look out past that to see if you could detect say at 1000? Would be awesome to see say a cow at 1000 or something out further if you get the chance please. That is a pretty common field for us to look across and in some directions over a mile which I get is pushing it, but just curious to see the outer reaches this thermal can pick stuff up. Thanks!

rich20730

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow thanks! I saw the 500 yard hog at the beginning. Did you get a chance to look out past that to see if you could detect say at 1000? Would be awesome to see say a cow at 1000 or something out further if you get the chance please. That is a pretty common field for us to look across and in some directions over a mile which I get is pushing it, but just curious to see the outer reaches this thermal can pick stuff up. Thanks!

I didn't get a chance to test it at that distance, but the performance seems to be pretty much the same as the older Apex XD50 (2X), which I know is capable of detecting a hog/deer at 1000 yards.

If you want detection out to a mile, you may want to look at the Trail XQ50, which is a 3X and will give you some additional range compared to the XQ38 (2X).

Here's a video I took with the Apex XD50 showing hogs at 700 yards:

25981947060_0fb2fbb1bd_b.jpg

LSB Active Member
Ooops missed this thanks for responding . Great vids. Can't wait to hear feedback start pouring in when people put this new line through the ringers in the field. I keep hoping they will show up in the fields at night, but just don't know if that's how it will work out once I get night eyes. Right now it's a ghost town they are not even coming out of the swamp at any point we are in a dust bowl right now.

Last edited:
D

djones

richie rich - forgot to mention it was a pleasure doing business with you. possibly the best customer service i've ever seen. of course that's relative on how you define best. for me it means fast, accurate and affordable, not to mentions the extras like attention to details. if i can ever do anything for you, just say it.

rich20730

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
richie rich - forgot to mention it was a pleasure doing business with you. possibly the best customer service i've ever seen. of course that's relative on how you define best. for me it means fast, accurate and affordable, not to mentions the extras like attention to details. if i can ever do anything for you, just say it.

Thank you! We really appreciate you giving us a chance to earn your business. Looking forward to seeing some new kill videos with the REAP!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good job with the video. I liked the way the image looked when you turned up the contrast more. Down low it looks washed out and lacking detail. The internal video recording seems to work great and relieves the constant worry of tearing up video cables, dvr batteries going out, or the SD card popping out. Good stuff!

rich20730

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job with the video. I liked the way the image looked when you turned up the contrast more. Down low it looks washed out and lacking detail. The internal video recording seems to work great and relieves the constant worry of tearing up video cables, dvr batteries going out, or the SD card popping out. Good stuff!

Thanks! Yes, for some reason the video shows much less contrast than the view through the scope. The scope works flawlessly, but the video output still has some kinks that need to be worked out. In addition to the contrast thing, the speed/frame rate of the video seem to be off. In order to match the video up with the Armasight DVR footage, I had to slow the video down about 22%.

I guess that answers the question about a audio on the trail?

Currently there is still no audio recording. The audio in this video was taken from my MDVR recording and added into the Trail footage. Hopefully Pulsar will get this issue fixed soon. Despite these issues, I still really enjoy being able to record with just a press of a button, rather than messing with the additional cables, batteries, memory cards, trigger switch etc. that is required in order to record from my other scopes.

Reactions: 437

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
DJ just joined the Reap-ir club? DJ I'll give you $80 for your pos LGBT Zeus. You won't need it anymore.