Pulsar new thermals ?

Discussion in 'Night Vision/Thermal' started by West D, Feb 2, 2017.

1. mdmorrow

mdmorrow Night Vision Outfitters SUS VENATOR CLUB Vendor LoneStarBoars Supporter

Yep me too. I've got an XP50 on order for myself.

2. Terry

Terry Texas, Land of the Free LoneStarBoars Supporter

Hunting Grounds: North,West and South West Texas
    Has anyone seen a XQ38 (384 core) Trail yet? I've seen several reviews/videos of the 640 Trail scope' but nothing on the 384 core models. I was very impressed with the old model Apex 50 384 core performance which should match the performance of the newer XQ38 (17 micron) model.

3. der Teufel

der Teufel Livin' the Dream … SUS VENATOR CLUB

Okay, the 'old' XD75 had a 384x288 sensor chip. The 'new' Trail model with a 640x480 sensor should indeed look better.
    In other words, it's not the shift to 17 micron but rather the increase in the number of pixels that makes the difference.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  4. mdmorrow

mdmorrow Night Vision Outfitters SUS VENATOR CLUB Vendor LoneStarBoars Supporter

I'm doing a hunt with Pulsar in a couple weeks. Will have the XP50 plus one of the new 384 17 micron units. Plus maybe some others. Will hopefully have some info to report back.

5. Randy

Randy Iowa

Really looking forward to your report and findings.

mdmorrow and Curly Shuffle like this.
  6. neorubio

neorubio LSB Member

I´ve read in some UK forums that the Helion is having issues, a few defective units. Hope that doesn´t happen with the Trail.

7. Homebrewer

Homebrewer LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

-
    Especially interested in XP50 performance and your review of this model. TIA.

mdmorrow likes this.
  8. mdmorrow

Thank you sir, will be going week from this saturday. Will definitely have the Trail XP50 (640/50mm) and either a 384 Trail or the RXQ30V.
    I'm doing a promo video with Pulsar so hopefully get some good footage through the units.

Curly Shuffle and Randy like this.
  9. Randy

Randy Iowa

Core RXQ30V, Apex XQ38 and Trail XQ30 are on my watch list so I really look forward to your promo videos! Best regards, Randy

10. theblakester

theblakester Got a black belt in keeping it real. LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Does anyone have the FOV for the trail xq38 and trail xq50?

11. mdmorrow

Per the book it shows XQ38 - 9.8 x 7.4 degree and XQ50 - 7.5 x 5.6

theblakester likes this.
  12. JFireHawk

JFireHawk New Member

I just received a message from Pulsar on Facebook messenger and they said there should be an announcement in a few days. So hopefully they deliver on their promise. I've been waiting on a sound update for a long time. And I'm sure enough people have complained about the sound issue so I would think it would be priority #1. He also said that they want the sound update to be right and work well, so that's why it's taken so long. We shall see...

theblakester likes this.
  13. Curly Shuffle

Curly Shuffle LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I want to see that 640/50mm in action. That 50 OLED I had was a great scope. BANG BANG!!

JFireHawk likes this.
  14. Kris Kirk

Kris Kirk New Member

I'm needing the sound update as well. Just got the XQ38 and took it out the other night. Played the video back this afternoon and no sound on any of them.

JFireHawk likes this.
  15. JFireHawk

JFireHawk New Member

Yah I know, it sucks. It's pretty much false advertising. And from what I've been researching Pulsar has promised the update multiple times and have let everybody down on several occasions.
    I just talked to Pulsar on Facebook and they said they should have an announcement here pretty soon but I'm not holding my breath. For now what you could do is record audio from your phone and add it to the video. Very disappointed to say the least. We shall see if Pulsar gets this update out soon or not.

16. Kris Kirk

Kris Kirk New Member

Ya right after I posted on here I found a number and called... he told me it WOULD BE updated in the future but could not tell me a date... he said that all of the trails (xq and xps) will all have the sound

17. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Same story back in June 2017. I still think the issue isn't with having sound, but getting the video to record in real time. There won't be sound until that happens.

FrankT likes this.