Pulsar N750 Digisight Users

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
Thought I'd start a thread for N750 users who want to discuss problems, questions, recommendations, and answers.

I'll start it off. Bought mine about month ago and never really spent a lot of time practicing, just took it into woods. Was surrounded by hogs big and little and was cussing cause all I could see was black shapes, couldn't tell front from back and it was only 25 yards! Went home ready to sell it.

Then I took the time to work with the adjustments. It's to the point now where I'm really looking forward to the next hunt. But I'm still not an expert.

My question - Typical AA batteries are expensive and crap, might last long enough to focus the 750. I'm cheap and a retired electronics tech. Why should I spend $200 for a manuf. power supply when I can go to Radio Shack and get the parts to build my own?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Depending on the batteries, you should be able to get 2-4 hours out of them. I use rechargeables in mine. Specifically, I use Eneloops, but there are others that are probably better.

The illuminator provided on the N750 should get you out to 100 yards in open terrain with no problem at all. However, most folks use an external illuminator such as the UNV20IR.

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
Good, thanks, I was going to try recharge. Will go with Eneloops.

If I adjust contrast and brightness once, when should I have to mess with it again?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pretty much I leave my scope focused at about 75-100 yards and once I find the sweet spot on the brightness and contrast, I rarely mess with it. That can change with environmental conditions, but generally this is the case.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great information

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
Pretty much I leave my scope focused at about 75-100 yards and once I find the sweet spot on the brightness and contrast, I rarely mess with it. That can change with environmental conditions, but generally this is the case.

Glad to hear that. It's a real pain when you're sitting in the dark and wondering if maybe you should tweak anything and you have to turn a light on to find the button lol.

On the eneloops, educated myself and it looks like there are many manufacturers. In 750 lit it says at lease 2500 mAh. You got a brand you like?

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
Depending on the batteries, you should be able to get 2-4 hours out of them. I use rechargeables in mine. Specifically, I use Eneloops, but there are others that are probably better.

The illuminator provided on the N750 should get you out to 100 yards in open terrain with no problem at all. However, most folks use an external illuminator such as the UNV20IR.

I don't know, I don't mind spending my money if I want something (like the 750) but if the eneloops are going for about $5 each and you need 12 (4 in unit, 4 in pocket, and 4 charging) plus charger you're spending about $60. The Pulsar runs $130 and you don't have the hassle of swapping. I think I might just go for the extra $70

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use rechargeable batteries as well. The first night I used mine, I had similar issues as you. Once a found a night time happy medium with the brightness and contrast I don't mess with it much. I do however adjust the focus knob for clarity.
If you can't tell which end is their head and which end is their rear, use the IR illuminator, it will make their eyes glow and quickly let u know which side is which on the hog.. Be careful doing this on close hogs though bc although they can't see the stream of light coming from the illuminator, they can see a red glowing dot coming from the lens of the IR light.
Speaking of IR illuminator on the digisight, the biggest drawback for me when using it is the reflection from the light on nearby tree branches/tall grass back into the scopes view and it washes out a big portion of the image. This happens with all night vision/ir use but seems to be worse with digital nv.

Chris

LSB Member
I have the 750 and love it. I use the UNV IR as well when taking those longer shots. When I purchased it I got the rechargeable battery for it and that has been worth every penny, on a full charge I've used it 2 nights in a row and still did not have the low battery light come on.