Pulsar hd38a

Bob Abbott

LSB Member
Very nice! Certainly shows the performance of the Pulsar and the benefit of thermal.

Was your bud using a thermal scope or NV?

JPK
Thanks, this vid was a bear to produce...the audio was from the recorder on my rifle because the recorder on my HD38a does video only. He was using a Photon 4.6 and a T20 Illuminator.

Last edited:

JPK

LSB Active Member
I have a Photon 4.6 and a T20, a useable combo so long as you are not under cover.

I bought the Photon and the T20 to dip my toe into the NV world, and was quickly hooked.

Do you have thermal scope (yet?)

When I bought thermal gear for my son and I, I didn't get the DVR or cables, and after a hunt or two I think I might have to add them.

JPK

Bob Abbott

LSB Member
I have a Photon 4.6 and a T20, a useable combo so long as you are not under cover.

I bought the Photon and the T20 to dip my toe into the NV world, and was quickly hooked.

Do you have thermal scope (yet?)

When I bought thermal gear for my son and I, I didn't get the DVR or cables, and after a hunt or two I think I might have to add them.

JPK
Nope I bought the N850 for a Scope in March....and the HD38a just a few weeks ago. It will be awhile before I make another purchase. :)

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My problem w making videos is the DSL I am on and 1/2Meg upload speed, takes 7 hrs for 10 min video to youtube.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I need to switch back to cable internet still then it is onl 1 meg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
About what I have to do now, too much trouble so will just mail the card to someone who can edit and upload from now on.

JPK

LSB Active Member
No problem.

FWIW, I picked up an HD19A a couple of weeks ago. I have already used it to spot two foxes responding to a call for my bud, who got both.

Very quickly got tired of passing one spotter back and forth between two guys.

You have the spotter to your eye and are relating what you are seeing and then you hear, "Hey, pass over the thermal spotter" ... 2-3 minute elapse as guy number two is relating what he is seeing that you are not and then, "Pass it back!"... repeat, repeat, repeat!

JPK

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My 38a is still impressing me. Using this scanner as often as I do has really helped my learning curve as far as recognizing animal traits and movements.