Pulsar apex xd38a question

Gunloco

Hello people i am new here just signed up. I started out 3 months ago reading and watching youtube videos. And found a good deal on a pulsar xd38a. I have to say i think the youtube videos look better. But I'm not wanting to trash the scope. But i just mounting it on a 308. Shot once screen went blank. No responce. So i removed the batteries reinstalled them and it powered right up. I figured the 308 was to much even though I read somewhere that 308 was the max for that scope. So i put it on an ar15. Second shot it did the very same thing but this time i noticed that the battery door was popped up. I'm hoping that the battery pack locks in better. A lot of money spent for such a small problem but heck it shuts you down so i think it's a significant issue. Anyone have a solution. I will definitely contact the place i bought it from tomorrow. Thanks

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the forum! The battery door not completely closing has been a common apex issue. When you install batteries make sure you turn the cap to the clockwise locked position and THEN push down. Don't push down then lock the cap because it will be partially shut but will end up popping open upon recoil. Hope that is the issue.

Gunloco

Welcome to the forum! The battery door not completely closing has been a common apex issue. When you install batteries make sure you turn the cap to the clockwise locked position and THEN push down. Don't push down then lock the cap because it will be partially shut but will end up popping open upon recoil. Hope that is the issue.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sent you a PM.

Received my replacement very quickly from Sightmark for this exact issue.

We'll see how it goes…

Gunloco

Do they have a replacement cap? I'm ordering the battery pack so the cap i think will not be used. I looked it over real well after the first reply it's pretty flimsy. Please let me know if anything works out for you. Thanks

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I ran an XD50A off my .300WM and did not have an issue ... so .308WIN is definitely not the limit.

lsIHGr8h.jpg

That being said, I did have problems getting the battery covers to stay closed at first. And then I didn't have that problem any more. I guess I figured it out. Not sure what the trick was. Just keep try to close it carefully and securely until you figure it out.
:)

I've used xd50a, xd50, xd75a and xd38a ... and not had problems except for the first week or so with the xd50a ... until I got to the point where I didn't have the problem any more.

Gunloco

I ran an XD50A off my .300WM and did not have an issue ... so .308WIN is definitely not the limit.

lsIHGr8h.jpg

That being said, I did have problems getting the battery covers to stay closed at first. And then I didn't have that problem any more. I guess I figured it out. Not sure what the trick was. Just keep try to close it carefully and securely until you figure it out.
:)

I've used xd50a, xd50, xd75a and xd38a ... and not had problems except for the first week or so with the xd50a ... until I got to the point where I didn't have the problem any more.

Gunloco

Thanks for the reply. I looked it over real good. I am a fabricator,ffl,gun Smith. Said that to support my knowledge and ability. There is in my opinion very little help for the battery cap. Thankfully the battery pack is an option. Something this expensive i wouldn't let get rained on but so much for water resistant lol. I'm not mad though because the battery pack makes good economic since. And after familiarizing myself with the scope. I like what i see through it.

rich20730

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

^^^This.

It's a little counterintuitive, but the locking tabs/fins need to be in the out position before you close the lid. Since they are spring loaded they will retract and then snap into place when you push down on the lid. You should hear an audible "click."

If the tabs are in the "in" position when you push down the lid, they may not be lined up perfectly with the slots when you turn the knob and therefore will not properly lock into place.