Pulsar Apex 75 first night out

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've got the pulsar xd50.... no complaints, works great and simple to use. For shots under 200yds it is perfect.

Crowebar

LSB Member
I've got the pulsar xd50.... no complaints, works great and simple to use. For shots under 200yds it is perfect.
I have been using a pulsar monocular for about 6-7 months and I'll have to say it is great! I have wanted to try the scopes but I have not yet. Going to have to liquidate some others before we jump into one. Two flir rs 64s and a ls 64 monocular. They work good and have been used hard. I also have a w1000 (dubbed "the popcorn machine" by my budddies).

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have been using a pulsar monocular for about 6-7 months and I'll have to say it is great! I have wanted to try the scopes but I have not yet. Going to have to liquidate some others before we jump into one. Two flir rs 64s and a ls 64 monocular. They work good and have been used hard. I also have a w1000 (dubbed "the popcorn machine" by my budddies).
W1000 work well for scouting?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice looking pig Rick.
Thanks, I just don't understand what that rope is tied to his snout is about. LOL A local guy ties his around the top jaw and then pulls them with his vehicle. Works great. No more slipping off of the legs, etc.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB

I moved my feeder to the back of the pasture at my place. This is the third hog in less than a week. I like this location better.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good to see ya getting into some of the action Rick ! Some nice hogs there.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Heck yeah Rick. You are finally getting back in the action.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That looks like another Big Hog you whacked Rick ! Congrats.

Dennis

D

djones

yea i'd say that was a good move
cup_zpsp6gkjpkl.gif

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
yea i'd say that was a good move
cup_zpsp6gkjpkl.gif
In two years of owning that very expensive Capsule feeder I've had one hog on camera and he was just passing through. I've had several deer and turkey's at it though. I moved it to the back last week and hogs started showing the next day. Boars only for know, but the die just as good as sows. LOL

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Here are my impressions of the Pulsar Apex Thermal Scopes so far. Both the XD75 and the 38A are fairly simple to use.

Two CR123 batteries power each unit. The battery cover is novel since you twist a knob to open it. Once you insert the batteries you twist the knob back and then press the cap back into place. Batteries are lasting about three hours of continuous run.

One big pressure switch on top powers the unit up. A long press to turn off and on. A short press turns the screen off but leaves the unit turned on. One short press again and the screen comes back to life.

There are two smaller pressure switches on top. The one closest to the power is used to NUC the unit if you choose manual. The unit will auto NUC but you can control this in the menu.

The other pressure switch to the rear changes the unit from white hot to black hot.

The thumb wheel on the right side of the unit is the menu. A short press will toggle you between brightness, contrast and digital zoom. A press and hold will take you into the drop down menu. Here you can control the scopes functions, select reticles and reticle color. This is where you can also sight the weapon in. A neat feature is the one shot sight in. You shoot one round. Hold the rifle steady on your point of aim. A press of the knob with bring up a red X. Move the X to the bullet hole and one short press your crosshairs move to the hole. Viola (so they say. It took me three shots)

Note: I have only experience with three makers of thermal. IRDefense, Armasight and Pulsar. My favorite is the IRDefense. The second is the Pulsar. This in no way meant to bash any maker. This is just my preference.