Professional taxidermist?!!

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Holy crap!!
I took the turkey tail and fanned it out.
I watched a YouTube video on how to fan a tail.
It was stupid easy and super better than expected.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That looks really good. I love DIY stuff. I'm working on camo-dipping my new "go to" rifle project. I figure if someone else can do it, so can I.

Harris hawker

LSB Member
I couldn't believe how crazy ez it was!
I'm ready to start slaughtering birds to fan out tails!!
My hawk is lucky I like him!!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Oh, that wasn't your hawk? I thought you got tired of feeding him and had him for dinner?:D

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have you ever stuffed a hawk?

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Have you ever stuffed a hawk?

I'm going to answer this seriously.
Highly illegal to do that.
Just FYI.
Keeping feathers of native no game birds, blue jays, owls, vultures, is highly illegal for you or I to own.

If you find a feather and a game warden sees you with it, you killed that bird to get that feather.
That is how the law interrupts it, I order for you to have possession of that feather you must have killed the bird to get it.
This is for native birds such as blue jay, cardinals, GRACKLES (yes they are protected).
Pigeons, starlings and English sparrows are invasive species and are not protected.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL, so I pick up a hawk or eagle feather at the lease(yes we have both) and put it in my hat I am breaking the law? Wow, is this Fed or State by State?

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do you hear the black helicopters coming for you yet Frank?

jk

Harris hawker

LSB Member

Harris hawker

LSB Member
I'm a realist.
If I see someone with an owl or hawk feather I don't care, and I have seen it.
But if I see someone with a hawk tail fanned out, then I get mad.
A feather is ok, a lot of feathers is not ok for me.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So an idiot like me thinking maybe a buzzard or turkey feather on the ground and picking it up, I could get in trouble!

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Frank were All idiots.
I dare one person on here to say they never picked up a feather.

It sounds dumb but the reason is more needed now than when the law was Enacted.

Falconers have to put up with pigeon people.
A pigeon person was trapping and killing hawks and falcons cause they were eating his pigeons.
When he got busted, the LEO pulled out 2, five gallon buckets full of hawks and falcons feet.
Think about that.
Not full birds, just their feet.
That's hundreds of birds killed for a stupid pigeon.

That's why laws like that exist.
You just get caught in the middle.

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Oh, and as stated before.
Game birds are exempt from this law.
Obviously you can legally kill turkey's.
So having their feathers is legal.

Buzzards are not a legal game bird.
So they are illegal to have feathers of.

Dove, quail, snipe, duck, any bird you can legally hunt is legal to keep feathers from.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I most of the time don't know what the feather is off of so better leave them all in the woods unless I kill it.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That reminds me of a prank I pulled on a Fed. employee a few years ago. I live on a Corps of Engineers owned lake and needed to talk to someone at their office. When I walked in, there was a nice full size display case as you walk into the office with several items on display. One was a beautiful full mount bald eagle. The clerk walked up to the counter and asked if she could help me at the same time I was admiring the eagle. In a very serious and straight face I turned to her and asked if those were good to eat. She was horrified and said that YOU CAN'T EAT THOSE! I said sure you can, I'm from south Louisiana and I know a lot of people who eat them. I just wondered if they really taste like chicken like they said they did. During this exchange, the boss stepped out of his office behind her and realized I was kidding and just kept quiet and let her suffer. He was quietly laughing his butt off. I think she would have killed me if she had a weapon.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'll have to try to remember that for next time I get to mess with someone's mind.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love showing people my polar bear tooth, while wearing my coat that has the polar bear fur ruff around the hood.