Predator Thermal usage (anyting Predator)

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cortisone shots have kept the doctors from cutting into my shoulder for three decades. Some shots work for a little while, some work for more than a year.

Now cortisone shots are keeping the knife away from my right knee.

Maybe ask your doctor about it.

Kryptekman,

In my experience, which seems to be mirrored by most, 30htz is just fine for a rifle scope, or for scanning, but 60htz barely cuts it for a helmet mounted thermal. In fact, I have my 60htz scope turned down to 30htz to extend battery life. Is your experience different?

JPK
Already in discussion with the Doc about that.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just had my left knee done right knee on the 17th. Injection of Synvisc One, a steroid and Lidocaine all in one deal. Suppose to get 6 months to a year of relief. And then add a thermal hunt or two and be good to go!!! BANG BANG!!

Last edited:

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Went back to the range this AM on a clear day and there is a difference between the foggy day and a clear warm day fo sure. Dang thing is deadly accurate and it turns out I like shooting with a thermal scope. Thanks again to *******************!! Now I need some live fire practical experience which is approaching around the 1st in just a couple weeks!! Might hit the range a couple more times and press some more buttons to get some muscle memory and button memory going. It is a hoot to operate that thing!! BANG BANG!!

JPK

LSB Active Member
I have found that even when thermal conditions suck animals pop out at you, though range and resolution might suffer.

Cool, dry nights seem to provide the best thermal condition, fwiw.

JPK

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Curly you got a picture of your rig? On a AR? What cal? I'm moving my Zeus to a 6.8 but may pick up a predator for my 300wtf. Man thise optics planet tan units are S hot but I'll buy from a sponsor here.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is a Predator on my 6.8, I really like the compact and lightweight of the Predator

Attachments

• namedTCT.jpg
    namedTCT.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 11

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No matter how hard I try or put the eye piece cup all around in many positions I can not shoot with that thing on there. You are right it is nice and compact and lightweight. It feels lighter than the Trijicon Accupoint I had on there. It is a dandy Thermal unit!! BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I find the eye cup comfortable and easy to use, what seems to be the bang bang problem?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I do one of two things with eye cups. I fold them forward toward the body of the scope or remove them.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And that seems to work fine for you according to the last picture of a pileopork!!:) BANG BANG!!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yep. You get used to it after an outing or 2.