Predator Thermal usage (anyting Predator)

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Feel free to add your stuff in here I hated to start a new thread but,,,,Went to the range this AM and glad a buddy showed up to walk for down range for me a couple times. Got on paper at 25 target showed up great moved it to 50 still the same could see everything well. Put a hot pocket up because neither one of us can see and did not bring my good scope, was using a range range spotted but WE could not see nothing. Zeroed it in and hit the hot pocket and friend thought I did also. Said shoot again and the hot pocket blew up so both of us thought that was good. Scope was not tight so I tighten things up and moved to 100. Still could see but it was just a white blob (target) but had another hot pocket on there upper right and left. Was nailing the upper left a little low once I was on at a 100 so made an adjustment and took one shot and both thought I hit the upper right hot pocket, walked on down and dead center on the hot pocket at 100 so I left well enough alone and called it a day. Friend had a little NV scope and he was having troubles with. Between his scope and my scope I got tired but will go back this week at a 100 and play around a little and make sure it is good to go. Zeroing in this scope up to 50 yrds with no extras on the target is a breeze at 100 I needed some help (hot pocket). Will say the scope is an amazing piece of equipment and I am totaling happy with it so far. The simplicity of the use of it and the accuracy is above my expectations. I was hitting dead center on what I was aiming at. same deal at 25, 50, and 100 yrds. I just have to get out there now and put it to use on some live hogs. I am sure it will take a little practice but it should be good to go, judging distance in the dark is different than the day other than that I am sure it will be just fine. Been using it at night in the neighbor hood looking at different objects and that has been fun too. Wish I would have had one of these a long time ago, amazing scope and easy to operate. BANG BANG!!

Last edited:

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The weather was crap this AM too. Low 50s a bit breezy and foggy as all get out. Our range is on the bay, well the closet one is. I could go back right now and get a whole new experience because the wind died and there is no fog. Even with the fog this AM I felt everything went well. BANG BANG!!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sounds like you got it dialed in. As humidity goes up thermal image quality goes down. They will still pick up hot objects with ease, but the surrounding environment will degrade.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice to shake out new gear... Shake Shake.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I used a folded up piece of tin foil 2"x2" and that shows up well in the daytime. Hand warmers work well or even a frozen whatever, I used a coke bottle. Hit it at 100 and you are on, make sure the mount is tight.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yup Frank and even took a couple turns on it when I got home and cleaned everything. Going back on Wednesday if there is no fog and get more familiar with at 100 and practice hitting buttons. I can't get over how easy it is and the system works great! BANG BANG!! Hand warmers were on sale at the HBOHomeDepot and I knew they would work being cold outside and all.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Funny must be thermal zero weekend. My wife and I went to check zero on my Zeus 3 640 today. Was cloudy but temp was 69 way to warm for,this time of year. Taped an hand warmer to,target. See was my spotter with spotting scope. Settled for 2" high at 50yds so should be good to go. Have been using deer remains buried a foot under for bait. Shot at one last night distance was around 150yds. I was impatience and did not let it get closer. It took off it went down on the run but in dark could not find. Started raining this afternoon so did not look for. The scope was shooting high so now it has a good zero. Bring on the yotes.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Funny must be thermal zero weekend. My wife and I went to check zero on my Zeus 3 640 today. Was cloudy but temp was 69 way to warm for,this time of year. Taped an hand warmer to,target. See was my spotter with spotting scope. Settled for 2" high at 50yds so should be good to go. Have been using deer remains buried a foot under for bait. Shot at one last night distance was around 150yds. I was impatience and did not let it get closer. It took off it went down on the run but in dark could not find. Started raining this afternoon so did not look for. The scope was shooting high so now it has a good zero. Bring on the yotes.

Good to hear you are on the mend. Your shoulder is holding up to recoil now?

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good to hear you are on the mend. Your shoulder is holding up to recoil now?
It does hurts today but not bad. Still,doing my work out. Doc has been adjusting my NSAIDs the last one was hard of lower track. The new ones is better but does not work as well just my luck. Thanks for asking still wish I would be there.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It does hurts today but not bad. Still,doing my work out. Doc has been adjusting my NSAIDs the last one was hard of lower track. The new ones is better but does not work as well just my luck. Thanks for asking still wish I would be there.

Take it easy. Just because the NSAIDS stop some of the pain doesn't mean you are damaging it by doing things you shouldn't. Ok, no more mothering from me. Heal up!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Take it easy. Just because the NSAIDS stop some of the pain doesn't mean you are damaging it by doing things you shouldn't. Ok, no more mothering from me. Heal up!
You are right hurts like H today. Yes Mom I hear you. Dang no fun for me..............

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ouch

rough crowd

love it

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I missed it, do it again. LOL
My left rotator cuff is giving me a fit so I had to cancel a hunt. It comes from pulling my self up and down 6 floors of the hotel I am building. Right knee works just 80%. So I went shooting Sunday and it hurts bad on Monday. Today is better till I have to go back to climb stairs. Life past 60 as my friends tell me.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My right rotator cuff has given me fits for years, now my left hip...I hate getting OLD

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My right rotator cuff has given me fits for years, now my left hip...I hate getting OLD
Yea I am doing all my excerises but you are right. With that said it beats the alternative. o_Oo_O

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey I will roll as long as I can, we shall see, so far I have been blessed with good health!

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Is the tan predator an optics planet thing only. Sharp looking unit.

JPK

LSB Active Member
Cortisone shots have kept the doctors from cutting into my shoulder for three decades. Some shots work for a little while, some work for more than a year.

Now cortisone shots are keeping the knife away from my right knee.

Maybe ask your doctor about it.

Kryptekman,

In my experience, which seems to be mirrored by most, 30htz is just fine for a rifle scope, or for scanning, but 60htz barely cuts it for a helmet mounted thermal. In fact, I have my 60htz scope turned down to 30htz to extend battery life. Is your experience different?

JPK