Port Connections Armasight Zeus ATN Thor

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
For those that may want to make a video cable, or in the case of the Armasight Zeus a power or video cable or combination cable, here is the pinouts:

156317866.jpg

156317877.jpg

I only have the full pinout for the Armasight Zeus, which also notes 'VDD', which is the Power In pin. Armasight comes with a cable that can be connected for 'Video Out' as well as 'Power In (VDD) (or referenced as VCC in most electrical markets) .

The Thor uses 3 CR123 batteries, the Zeus only uses 2. Therefore the Zeus is a 6v system. According to what Armasigh sent me, the input should be 4.7-6.5 volts nominal, therefore you want a 6v battery to feed the input. ATN doesn't offer an external battery like Armasight does, nor do they should a cable for it.

After putting a meter on the Zeus, they use Pin 5 for Ground on their video cable. Therefore if you want to add and external power source, use Pin 2 for Ground.

You can build a video cable for about anything if you know the connector type and how the pins are configured on the Video Input to that device.

Notice also on the Zeus there is a Video In connection, I imagine your DVR can display video on the Zeus screen.

This is a video cable I built for my Zeus to go in to the Ultimate Night Vision MDVR, nice thing about making your own cable is you can make it to the length you need, I used RG174U shielded coax for the cable, the shield being the ground and the center conductor as the video signal:

156317862.jpg

The ATN and the Armasight use connectors made by the Binder Corporation, here is the male connector plug:

http://www.binder-usa.com/products/partsdetail/87748

Last edited:

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
If you can find out the pinout, what type of connector, I'm sure I can make you a cable. I know the connection on the MDVR, just need to know what the Video Out and connector is on the MTM.

Does it look this

1390422816_DMAC-MTM%20connectors.jpg

Last edited:

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Can you contact the folks at L3 and ask them for the pinout and connector type /manufacturer?

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Thanks for the pinouts, makes it faster to make one when needed.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
smart people are fun to listen to.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't be sorry! I've been looking for this thread and forgot all about it!