Plowed Corn Field hogs w. IR hunter mark2/35mm

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I've seen crowminators videos, will look at again. I'll do some testing here shortly with DVR's, post processing, filtering etc

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've seen crowminators videos, will look at again. I'll do some testing here shortly with DVR's, post processing, filtering etc
Two of my buddies have the same scope but different DVR's. I haven't gotten around to it but intend to do a comparison video between the same scope using different DVR's at virtually the same time.

It would be curious to know these results.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I got the scope today, I can pretty much see why there are differences, without even doing a recording.

I imagine first of all the video will look better if the scope had been on for awhile to stabilize so you don't have to NUC so often, that time in not sure of yet, 5 minutes, 10 minutes?

Next I noticed there is a fine line between focus, contrast and brightness. Focus when trying to get sharper focus, almost acts like you are adjusting contrast. So there is great importance in having the two set correctly in my opinion. Over focusing will cause a poorer image. Contrast adjustments didn't seem as critical Pure fine changes.

That's my observations so far, until I can record some, won't know how it looks on the recording, but I'm sure part of what I'm seeing through the scope will translate to the recordings.

Last edited:

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I got the scope today, iI can pretty mycigna see why there are differences, without even doing a recording.

I imagine first of all the video will look better if the scope had been on for awhile to stabilize so you don't have to NUC so often, that time in not sure of yet, 5 minutes, 10 minutes?

Next iI noticed there is a fine line between focus, contrast and brightness. Focus when trying to get sharper focus, almost acts like you are adjusting contrast. So there is great importance in having the two set correctly in my opinion. Over focusing will cause a poorer image. Contrast adjustments didn't seem as critical Pure fine changes.

That's my observations so far, until I can record some, won't know how it looks on the recording, but I'm sure part of what I'm seeing through the scope will translate to the recordings.

When I turn my scope on, I leave it on for the duration for stability. I also NUC often regardless of whether it really needs it or not. I also NUC before I record, etc.

Regarding focus, I'm primarily using the second to bottom setting. Contrast is near then left most setting possible for me. Probably just 2-3 turns right from The left most setting.

That's all I can think of.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Yea that's where I think it is best for both focus and contrast, focus I think is the '0' setting. And contrast where you said.

Nit sure it's necessary to leave on, seems to stabilize after a few minutes.

NUC'ing right before shooting is good, iI think that's where we see some of the differences of the videos posted online.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Also, you are running in 60hz? I haven't tried 30hz, thought some said it won't record in 30?

For your cable that broke, if you want to send it to me I'll fix it and put the right connector on it. Seems that 3 other cables I got don't work. I found an issue in the connections. UNV uses the wrong connectors, not sure why yours even works.

Did you notice you have to do a process to record? Power on scope, turn on video in scope and then turn on recorder?

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Also, you are running in 60hz? I haven't tried 30hz, thought some said it won't record in 30?

For your cable that broke, if you want to send it to me I'll fix it and put the right connector on it. Seems that 3 other cables I got don't work. I found an issue in the connections. UNV uses the wrong connectors, not sure why yours even works.

Did you notice you have to do a process to record? Power on scope, turn on video in scope and then turn on recorder?
Dave, that is a very kind offer but I have already sent my cable back to UNV.

I have never tried to record on 30 so I don't know if it works or not? And yes, that is my sequence to record. I power on scope, menu select video, then power on DVR and visually check the display for clear picture.

Thank you.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
great shooting.. nice work!