Plowed Corn Field hogs w. IR hunter mark2/35mm

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
A buddy and I went back to a corn field that has been very productive this harvest season. By now, the corn has been bush hogged, disked, and rowed up for next planting season, but we've had no rain during this time and there is still plenty of corn on the ground to lure the hogs out of the surrounding woods.

We needed to get around on the downwind of them and had to do a little walking to get into position and it worked out really well. Toward the end of the hike, we could easily see them in the field with the naked eye under the half moon even though the sky was partly cloudy. We found and loaded up five for some happy local laborers, but never did find the one that went into the ditch.

Also, the thermal image was deceiving us because we thought they were all bigger than they turned out being. The little ones were about 20 lbs, and the sow was probably not over 100?

Enjoy......

image_zpsngcv3hhx.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fun'r 'n a chootin' gallery !

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That was great shooting and a nice video. Thanks for sharing. What thermal scope were you using, the picture was super clear.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That looked like fun!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another mess of dead hogs.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice pigs for the Barbie. Love the video quality on that scope, far better than any other I've seen.

dman62

LSB Member
Love the hog that flips just as its about to leave the field. Also cool how the barrel turns black as it heats up at the bottom of the scope as you're shooting. Looks like a great time!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Love the hog that flips just as its about to leave the field. Also cool how the barrel turns black as it heats up at the bottom of the scope as you're shooting. Looks like a great time!
Thanks.

The barrel is actually my omega suppressor. It has been soaking up some heat lately.

image_zpse979ciiy.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job getting on the hogs, great BBQ size.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Nice.

Video's seem to be better than most online. What dvr are you using and what software are you using to process?

Is there a certain setting in the scope that could affect it?

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks. I'm using the DVR that came with the scope which came from ultimate night vision. I did do a test using a cheaper SD card and that did not seem to have any effect.

YouTube is the only editing that I am using.

I saw some videos from another person recently that looked to be every bit the same quality as mine. I think his name is crowminator?

There is a very noticeable difference in the image quality based on the environmental conditions of this scope. I would consider it significant. I think there's a video on my YouTube page when I was sitting in the rain and it's very dramatic.

I am not sure about a scope setting, but I have played around with it and some of the focus settings do seem to make the hot targets pop more on video, but at the same time while I'm looking through the scope I choose not to leave it on that setting because it does not look as good through the lens at that time.