please help!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BDubbs, Jul 15, 2017.

1. BDubbs

BDubbs LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

hey guys, i finally broke down and bought a laptop so i could start doing things with our videos, but i'm absolutely clueless even how to begin... what software do i need to download to crop the vids?? all i know is this thing has Windows 10 on it, whatever that means!

theblakester, OneK and Chopperdrvr like this.
  2. djones

djones the oink stops here! I LIKE PONIES I HEART DIRT CLODS

puters and east texans dont go in the same sentence

Ratdog68, OneK, BDubbs and 1 other person like this.
  3. BDubbs

BDubbs LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

i know that's right! you could go ahead and give a little help though... i promise our vids won't make you look nearly as bad as some of these other guy's vids do :)

Ratdog68 and OneK like this.
  4. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Well, I would tell you Microsoft's Movie Maker would be the way to go, but they stopped making it available. I am slowly learning Adobe Premiere, but I am not sure how much I like it. I have tried several that seem to have a steep initial learning curve that isn't readily intuitive.

BDubbs likes this.
  5. Chopperdrvr

Chopperdrvr Deep East Tx SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I've been using apple's imovie lately, but that won't help you. I don't like it anyway, but I need to use it for now.

6. OneK

OneK LSB Active Member Staff Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

BDubbs, send it to DJ. That's what I do.

djones and BDubbs like this.
  7. Chopperdrvr

Chopperdrvr Deep East Tx SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I was using Windows Movie Maker. It should be on your computer already. I didn't find it really user friendly but you can Google questions when you get stuck. I was advised to save my project frequently because it tends to freeze up or crash. I'm not using it right now because I'm stuck with my wife's Mac until I can get my desktop running again. If I can help, just invite me for frog legs or duck and I'll be right there.

BDubbs likes this.
  8. theblakester

theblakester Got a black belt in keeping it real. LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

No more windows movie maker?

9. djones

i serched.. dnloan win mov maker and saw several sources. even avail from file hippo. im on fone so i dint try it. if u try b careful for...
    spyware
    malware
    ransomware
    spamware
    worms, viruses and trojans

actually... ud better just send me ur laptop

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Chopperdrvr and BDubbs like this.
  10. BDubbs

thanks Mr Brian, my plan was MM, but when i realized it was no longer available i was kinda blown up...
    you are the only person that can get away with that KillK! that would go horribly wrong for anyone else lol you must have video of him with a goat or something!
    it stopped being available in January
    thanks Doc, but I'd better hold on to it!
    gotta get ya up for a little meet n greet for sure Chopper! mix a drink, cook a critter, kill a pig or several, and maybe you can show Cletus and me both a thing or two on all of it :)

11. djones

shudnt b a prob for dudds. he got all the way to the 6th grade... and stayed thar for 3 years!!

BDubbs and OneK like this.
  12. BDubbs

The more i play with this puter i think it was more like 6 years in the 3rd grade! i'm quite certain it's where i initially picked up the moniker "BDumb"!

Chopperdrvr, OneK and djones like this.
  13. djones

i was much the same way. thoz grade skool teachers were smokin hawt. spankings were my favorite part of the day.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    der Teufel, Chopperdrvr and OneK like this.
  14. Jake

Jake Bandera, Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I like vdsc movie editor(free) but there is a learning curve.

BDubbs likes this.
  15. BDubbs

thanks, Jake! now put it to use, you are behind again! lol

Jake and Chopperdrvr like this.