Please help

Hunter

I hunted with a reap ir all weekend. Now I have to upgrade. No money for the reap. But which scope you think is the better one to buy? I'm sure somebody on here has looked through both. I like the fact the armasight auto nucs and records better video. But I'm more concerned about image vs image in these two scopes. I never have looked through an armasight just Flir r-series and reap ir.
New Armasight Zeus 640 30hz 42mm
Used IRD MK II 35mm

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Few pics:

Attachments

• IMG_5572.JPG
    IMG_5572.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5551.JPG
    IMG_5551.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I owned/used a MK II, Reap-IR and Armasight both 336/640 42mm scopes.

MK II is old software outdated by the newer MK III. I wouldn't buy one now as thermal technology moves fast enough why buy years backwards when buying today.

Reap-IR is pretty awesome and the smallest scope I've used. Best image clarity I've used personally.

Armasight 640 42mm fantastic scope for the money the best deal out there in my opinion for a hunting scope. Great image and user friendly in real field hunting conditions .

Last edited:

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
what's the money difference? I have a ReapIR and a 42 640 Zeus. I've spent hours looking at the same animals through both in good and poor conditions. The IRD has a better image; better, but not out of this world better....for my application of shooting hogs. What is the image worth to someone? Then as you say is the Mk2 as good an image as the ReapIR you hunted with? Probably not. You need to look through both, but in reality you know what you want already. Save, scrimp, and sacrifice to get the ReapIR.