Pig hunting weather

ME418

Headed for west Texas in the AM for some thermal hog hunting. What’s everyone’s experience with a warm front moving in? Is this going to **** the pigs down like it does deer in the fall? We usually make our yearly trip in Jan-Feb so this has never been a issue before. The weather will not cancel the trip but wondering what me might be in for. thanks for sharing your knowledge in this.

ME418

Headed for west Texas in the AM for some thermal hog hunting. What’s everyone’s experience with a warm front moving in? Is this going to **** the pigs down like it does deer in the fall? We usually make our yearly trip in Jan-Feb so this has never been a issue before. The weather will not cancel the trip but wondering what me might be in for. thanks for sharing your knowledge in this.
That’s funny it used ****’s because I wrote S H U T

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It might shut you down but it won't affect the hogs much.:)

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
Expect hot, dry and windy. If you can find a tank that may be your best bet.

LSB Active Member
For reasons unknown to me last year here in FL the hogs were the best during our dry hot dusty spell they came out of the swamp almost every single night without fail April-July it was insane this was during all the fires across the state from the drought. Rains started they disappeared. Hope you guys get on em and stay on em post the carnage!

jglass

LSB Member
Hogs became scarce in Florida when the weather turned cold in January. My best hog hunting was in November of 2017, very warm and wet then. One thing for sure, the hogs are unpredictable. I had a spell in February where the hogs were avoiding my bait pile.
Moving the bait pile 200 feet brought them out again. Explain that one.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well its not 100 degrees out yet, so I think if anything they will turn nocturnal to enjoy eating in the cool temps. Do you have someone there that can put out trail cams to see when they are moving?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They have actually been moving more on nights above 45 degrees this year.