Picked up EoTech at Gunshow today

Bill Winfrey

LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm hoping I did right in making the decision to go thru with this...but, today in Corsicana I took my Walther P-22 to a gunshow with the intent of finding it a new owner.
I was hoping to sell it, and put the cash towards a new (to me) 9mm handgun, but absolutely no one had interest.
Stopping at one last table on the way out, I spied an EoTech 557.AR223 sitting there looking like a lost puppy.
After asking to check it out, and finding the asking price,($450) the dealer attempted to turn it on to show me the reticle, and explain how cool it was....but it wouldn't power up :eek:
He asked what I wanted for the Walther, saying how much he liked it, and I quoted $250 for the pistol only, or $275 with 350 rds of ammo... His next question, was "how would you trade me"?
After picking myself up off the floor, I told him the ball was in his court, and I didn't bring much cash.
He helped me up off the floor the second time after asking "could you give me $60 boot if I let you keep the ammo"??:confused:
During the negotiation period, I had switched the battery polarity, and was stealthily viewing the cool reticle he had described...:cool:
Long story short....I got the 557.AR223 in exchange for a pistol I bought at a show about 3yrs back for $200 and gave $60 to boot.... This does have N/V capability, and works great, but EoTech shows them discontinued.
Has anyone had any experience with this model, and should I be OK in expectation of putting it in action like right now?
I'm sure it will suffice for my needs, and the cost savings surely will help in my quest for a higher Gen Monocular.....Whatcha think....OK??
Bill

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think you got a hell of a deal! Prefer the 1 moa dot with the 65 moa circle myself. But I would of made the trade in a heartbeat!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good deal. The 557 had some issues with the reflectors, but eotech will fix them on your dime.

I prefer the single dot, but at the price you got it I wouldn't worry about preferences much. Heck, if you don't like it sell it doe what it is really worth and then buy the 1 moa dot/ 65 moa circle 552.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As an "ex-cop"... that'll be ME knocking on your door with a hand written warrant... for theft. Your bail will be one EOTech. LOL Nicely done.

Bill Winfrey

LoneStarBoars Supporter
As an "ex-cop"... that'll be ME knocking on your door with a hand written warrant... for theft. Your bail will be one EOTech. LOL Nicely done.

With my current financial status the way it is, I may end up losing my bail money..(EOTech) before I even get to use it..:eek:
I need to determine what stays and what goes....:(

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
With my current financial status the way it is, I may end up losing my bail money..(EOTech) before I even get to use it..:eek:
I need to determine what stays and what goes....:(
We HATE when that happens !!

PRyan1877

Roselle, Illinois
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Guys on AR15.com will give you more than you paid. I paid $345.00 for a 552.a65 a year ago and the prices rarely go down.