Peanut Field Bruiser

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Was watching a peanut field and at about 11:30PM this guy was one of a sounder of close to 30 hogs. There were at least 4 more that were his size. One even bigger. He was standing about 10yds from where I had shot a 268 pounder a couple of months ago.

This hog was weighed on a ballance beam scale. He weighed 277lbs. I stalked to within about 40yds with my ATN ThOR on top of my 10.5" AR chambered in 6.8SPCII. The bullet was a 120gr Hornady SST. He staggered about 20yds then fell over.The bullet hit him a little low on the shoulder and did not exit. It turned both lungs and most of th heart to mush. --- pruhdlrSANY0065.JPG

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a Bruiser! Good Job!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well... look what the cat dragged in !!! Our prodigal son has returned. Welcome back.

Great lookin' hog there... now, go get the others and tell us all about it.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
About a week after I killed the 268lb boar hog,my hunting pardner killed a boar in the same field(about 35yds away)the was taped at 272lbs.

The above pictured hog had both cutter broken off just above the gum line. They were massive,just not long. From the scars down his back and on his hindquarter(see pic) he has been in some pretty fierce fights.

This animal was donated to a needy family. He was clean and did not stink at all. They said he ate "wonderfully".

This pic is of a hog that weighed 409lbs. It was killed on my hunting club two years ago(not by me). Last fall I was driving the roads in the club and I had a massive boar hog run out into the roadway in front of me that was not as big as the hog pictured,but guessing,he was within 50-70lbs of him. The story made the little local redneck paper. --- pruhdlrwildhog11-540x293.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow... that is a BIG boar. I hope that hunter had that beast mounted.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow, you got some monsters in your neck of the woods!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice looking boars I miss the peanut fields here they all went out of business. :(

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
DANG!!!! those are some dandy hogs right there!!! Nice going!!! and a Good on ya for those hogs!!!! BANG BANG!!!

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We just started hunting peanut fields about a year ago. They are a super draw for the hogs. ESPECIALLY after the harvest and all winter. There are lots of peanuts leftover that are 2-5 inches under the soil. If the moisture content is right,the hogs tear them up. After a rain or in the lower parts of the fields are the best to draw the hogs. Peanuts are super high in fat and they will pack the pounds on hogs. These fields have basically all the peanuts hogs can eat,all year.

In this particular series of 4 fields,total of about 120A,we have seen some very big hogs that we just haven't been able to get a shot at. Multiple times we have seen sounders of 25+ hogs. We do not eradicate over this way so we take as many as we need to donate to needy families and churches that is getting ready for a hog roast/cookout. Now ..... we have a waiting list. --- pruhdlr

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The peanut farmers wont be happy if they find out you are not eradicating, hogs are costly pest to them.

Whole Bunches

SUS VENATOR CLUB
The peanut farmers wont be happy if they find out you are not eradicating, hogs are costly pest to them.

We are trying our best. Whenever I make a daytime scouting trip so we can plan what to do that night, I email a copy of my observations to the farmers. Also let them know about the kills and in which fields. We have been given some rules for the properties, and one of them is to remove all killed hogs, which we are happy to do so no meat is wasted. Smallest killed this year so far was 118 pounds.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We are trying our best. Whenever I make a daytime scouting trip so we can plan what to do that night, I email a copy of my observations to the farmers. Also let them know about the kills and in which fields. We have been given some rules for the properties, and one of them is to remove all killed hogs, which we are happy to do so no meat is wasted. Smallest killed this year so far was 118 pounds.

I was referring to his we do not eradicate comment. If a farmer here heard you say that you would be fired immediately. Guess they are not doing as much damage over there. The hogs ran some farms out of the peanut buisness here.