Papa Bear and Baby Bear

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Skipped church today...figured God wanted me to exorcise some pestilence from the earth. LOL
Anyhoot, at first light, had 4 or 5 little guys truckin out across my path, about 35-40 yds, running shot...went through both shoulders with first shot and a rear leg on second shot. Fun Stuff!
Did a sneak down and around the property but nothing else happened. Headed back to get the little fella, I set the gun up against him and took a few steps to turn around and pee.
I'm doing my business and hear something behind me...what the heck!! Giant hog running past, stop peeing in mid stride, go get the gun, turn on record button, swing and take 4 shots while he is running at full stride!
4 hits, took out his heart and lungs with 3 and one was back in the gut area. My biggest boar to date! That's a monster hog pics 001.JPG monster hog pics 007.JPG monster hog pics 012.JPG fun morning!
TBPS....you owe me some coyotes!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just like fishing... pour a cup of coffee, or unwrap a sandwich... when the paws are otherwise occupied, that's when things happen.

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sweet, now wipe off that rifle. Off to videos to see what you recorded

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dan -
Great Hog you drilled there. Congrats.
Now if the buzzards will assist in turning the remains into successful shots on yotes.

Dennis

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, the best way to cause something to happen is get busy doing something else. Great story, and great hog! We all know that we can enjoy God's creation and be in Church without physically sitting in Church!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Silence of the Hams. See if the bugs/ants do their job cleaning the skull.pig head 002.JPG

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Never fails, as soon as you let your guard down something happens.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job of caging that skull so ONLY the bugs work it over.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It always seems to happen that way, now go finish peeing! Good job, what did he measure, weigh? Great idea on the trap!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great shooting on a running boar. Also, good job stopping in mid-stream. Most guys can't stop on command.:)

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome hunt! Love it when you run into hogs when you don't expect it and take them down.