Palo Pinto County Hog Hunt Part 1

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Good hunt guys, definitely a hog problem, needs some more culling.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm jealous, almost every time I go out only one hog comes out to play.

You know, sometimes things are just much easier when you have a single target. There is usually a lot less going on the worry about. You know exactly what needs to be done and how.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You know, sometimes things are just much easier when you have a single target. There is usually a lot less going on the worry about. You know exactly what needs to be done and how.

Yes ... simple is sometimes better!

I hunt with a friend who gets hyped up every time he sees hogs. We stalked a single boar in the field that has a feeder close by. I get setup to shoot the boar but then my friend says "OMG OMG OMG ... there is a pig at the feeder!!". So I scan to double check and it's just a raccoon ... made me lose my focus. We ended up taking down the boar though.

Then after we set down our gear to check the boar ... I let my friend use my thermal to scan for the downed hog and suddenly he says "OMG .. the boar is up, I just saw him stand up where we shot him". I know more than likely he is seeing things like he always does ... so I double check and see the hog down. It's frustrating since I have to go back to the rifle and get it setup and check if the hog is actually down.

I don't want to even get into the details of how he acts when we spot a big sounder. I need to start hunting by myself like TLM. Sigh.

Last edited:

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes ... simple is sometimes better!

I hunt with a friend who gets hyped up every time he sees hogs. We stalked a single boar in the field that has a feeder close by. I get setup to shoot the boar but then my friend says "OMG OMG OMG ... there is a pig at the feeder!!". So I scan to double check and it's just a raccoon ... made me lose my focus. We ended up taking down the boar though.

Then after we set down our gear to check the boar ... I let my friend use my thermal to scan for the downed hog and suddenly he says "OMG .. the boar is up, I just saw him stand up where we shot him". I know more than likely he is seeing things like he always does ... so I double check and see the hog down. It's frustrating since I have to go back to the rifle and get it setup and check if the hog is actually down.

I don't want to even get into the details of how he acts when we spot a big sounder. I need to start hunting by myself like TLM. Sigh.
Still laughing on my goodness. He needs to,lay off the acid and or mushrooms.