Other uses for thermal

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I used my thermal this week to check my buddies propane tank level. Works better than the gauges on the tank.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heard the cat barfing, I was pretty sure it was on the carpet somewhere, yep, there it was, plain as day with the thermal...
How do you double like a post!!!!!

To funny
But, the CRITICAL lesson here is... do NOT tell anyone! If you DO, you're told to clean up after HER cat, which you use as practice target identification... while fantasizing of turning it into pink mist, because you loathe the little vermin.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Health has prevented me from going out so been messing with the thermal at the house and have found out the it is terrific for detecting squirrels in trees when you can not see them. They show up great as black squirrels even in the rain! Do not know if it is legal or not to hunt squirrel with thermal but,,, if it were/is they can not hide !!! BANG BANG!!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Health has prevented me from going out so been messing with the thermal at the house and have found out the it is terrific for detecting squirrels in trees when you can not see them. They show up great as black squirrels even in the rain! Do not know if it is legal or not to hunt squirrel with thermal but,,, if it were/is they can not hide !!! BANG BANG!!
I found this out recently while deer hunting. Things were pretty slow so I started trying to find the squirrels that were making a racket. Sure enough, I was able to find up to six in one are at I would never have seen before first spotting them with the thermal.

JPK

LSB Active Member
My son and I use our thermals when deer hunting. Both for trying to avoid spooking deer on the way into a stand in the dark before legal shooting time and before packing it up at least legal time. I killed a sika hind (doe) with a bow that I spotted just before packing up on a dark evening. I made my shot with maybe one minute of legal time remaining. I would not have killed that deer if I hadn't used my thermal for a final look around - and I am an ardent glasses with a really good pair of binos.

One dark, cold, rainy and blustery morning this season three of us crammed into our one weather proof tower. We spotted three of five sika stags we saw that. Or in with thermals, even after legal shooting time. Find a hot steak or blob in the reads, then stair at it with you binos. When the stag moves his head or butt, you finally make him out...

I is amazing what you don't see without a thermal.

JPK