Ordered a new Suppressor a Dead Air Sandman 30 cal Ti

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
With the trust as they are today decided to get one more suppressor before the system changes. Bought a Dead Air Sandman in 30 cal Ti this is a direct thread suppressor. The guys who designed and built used to be with Silenceco. The reason I decided to buy was no barrel length waranty issues. Also the price was good. Now for the long wait. Please check out Dead Air if you are thinking about buying one. The wait will be a killer since everyone is trying to get them as the rules are changing. I hope that since I made the purchase before the rule change it will be grandfathered in.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I seen one of the shops were guaranteeing your purchase would be grandfathered in if you bought your suppressor by 6 June. I have a Dead Air Sandman S, I like it so far.

Dry Creek

LSB Member
I seen one of the shops were guaranteeing your purchase would be grandfathered in if you bought your suppressor by 6 June. I have a Dead Air Sandman S, I like it so far.
Use a Sandman L on a 308 and 6.8 SPC and a Sandman S on my 7.62 x 39. I am impressed by the construction and sound levels.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mine was dated June 2nd so just made it.

Donald Horton

I've seen videos and read threads that label the Sandman-S as not being "hearing safe," which I believe is related to OSHA's 140 dB level. So, does the sound from the Sandman-S seem loud? How does ir compare to other suppressors you have used/heard?

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've only heard one other suppressor. Yes, it's louder but my Sandman S is on a 6.8 and the the other other one is on a 5.56. To me, the sound differance is like a 22lr vs a 22mag if that makes since. I'm sure they are probably a little louder than that but you get the idea.