Opening Day of 2013 Dove Season

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
Traveled up to Jarrell and went hunting yesterday with a friend and the birds were flying everywhere.

Anyway, his lease agreement has him on odd days so no hunting today and I go back to work tomorrow.

Time to prepare these guys for the pit!

Recipe: Sliced Jalapeño, stuffed with cream cheese, half a breast all wrap up with bacon and placed on a pit.

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
I didn't make it up there until 9:30am and my buddy limited (15)out before I made it there.

There was approxamately 15-20 other guys (leasers) around a water tank, the birds steadily came in and everybody limited out.

PS: mostly mournings and maybe a couple white-wings

It was an awesome sight and super fun to boot!!!!

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man I went to marinate mine this morning and they weren't in the fridge. I forgot and left all the birds in my truck when I got home last night. :(

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man I went to marinate mine this morning and they weren't in the fridge. I forgot and left all the birds in my truck when I got home last night. :(

I feel better hearing I wasn't the only one with Cranial Rectitis yesterday. Sorry to hear that. The dog'll eat good though.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You know there is a surgical procedure for that, They install a glass bubble in your belly button so you can see where you are going during these episodes.

What? I can't hear you.

head_up_ass.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So? Do we have "round two" tales this evening?

No I am worn out been hunting hard for the last couple of weeks. Taking a couple of days rest. Heck I have not even typed up the hog hunting stories from this weekend but I will put up a few pics.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Anything salvageable with the doves?