OMG the epicness!!!!

D

djones

had a young man along with me who said he had hog hunted before. i politely suggested that he only thought he had hog hunted before, but that was about to change. spotted a group of hogs that we could have easily snuck up on and taken several shots, but it looked like a good setup for a rodeo. cotton field had been stripped so i now had free range to drive anywhere i wanted.

i had nv but even with ir spotlight, vision range was limited in the cotton stalks. i told him to hang out the window and watch them thru the rifle and let me know when they ran. i crept up in the truck until they spooked and the chase was on. i could see well enough to drive but counted on him to have eyes on the targets and direct me. when i got close enough to see the with the nv i turned on the headlights and told him to just point and shoot. pretty hard to hold steady under those conditions, but if you’re close enough sometimes you get lucky. after watching the vid i think he got two.

122616a_zpsobdenr87.jpg

then we came up on a couple more that we could have stampeded and run down, but it seemed only fitting to mix it up a little and try stealth mode. i just barely got the vid turned on before he cut them down. the big one taped out at 45" (250 lbs). pretty good shooting for not having any experience in this kind of hunting.

122616b_zpszpphiyro.jpg

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I can't believe a loved one didn't buy you a real rifle stock for xmas. Buy one yourself you seem to be doing ok?????

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wow he can hit them, did he give you some shooting tips or lessons??

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang right what a riot, chasing porkers down the field what fun!!! That kid aint a bad shot!! Nice going! BANG BANG!!

2 up 2 down!!!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gotta love it !!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Kid is a shooter! Glad to see you are training him up to be a good hog stalker!

D

djones

takio,
i wouldn't take golf lessons from someone who shoots in the 90s, so i'm sure you'll understand if i insist on a second and maybe third opinion... from some folks with a few more banners than ONE!! until then...

stock1_zpszuo39mua.jpg