Old coyote breaks all the rules

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
A good friend asked me to go to Cabellas with him Saturday morning. Since I have a hunting spot near there I suggested we do a little coyote calling when he was done shopping. He said he would like to see me call in a few, so we went. Less than 4 minutes into the first stand we had coyote down. He came in perfect! As we headed to the next stand we were spotted by a nice big male coyote and he headed for the timber. We decided to park and walk to the intended calling spot, hoping just maybe he would come back. Well let me tell you, everything that could go wrong on a stand did! We got busted on the way to the stand. Then an oilfield tanker came by real slow as we approached our spot. He not only hollered once, but twice that he was going real slow so not to dust us on his way by! Less than a minute into the stand another tanker came by REAL SLOW! What the heck we kept calling. The wind kept changing, which is not a thing on a tight stand. I started out using cottontail duet. At the 4 minute mark I switched to DSG cottontail, 8 minute mark lightenin’ jack. After a few more minutes crows showed up. I decided to show HL how close they would get and how many would show. So I switched to crow party. They really put on a good show and squawked. Around the 15 minute mark, I decided I would try one more sound. I changed to the coyote pup distress sound and in seconds the big male coyote came charging in all the way to the call, then turned to run. I let him have a round from the .223 and then another to put him down for good. We made one more stand hoping to call in a bobcat, but there were no takers on this one, still all in all a pretty good morning.

1981952_670133293025367_1887186198_n.jpg

1891262_670133429692020_1174933628_n.jpg

10003991_670133599692003_1160536822_n.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You are living the life Glenn, good kills!

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Big dog! How much did he weigh?

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
didn't weigh him, I'd say 40+ though. His belly was BIG! the other one was average.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice song-dogs.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You guys in TX have all the fun

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some times we have to fly to the OBX, but we try!