Oklahoma Melee

Navygator

LSB Active Member
Howdy all. I am a little embarrassed to post this video giving the horrible shooting. As a disclaimer, the poor shooting is a result of two things: lack of practice and the fact that the shooting stick was unavailable at the time and I was somewhat out in the open and had nothing to rest the rifle on.
Anyway, headed to OK this past week to help out on the ranch. A very full moon and dry land left me with no hogs most of the week, but after a nice evening shower, a sounder of around 50 (mostly footballs) came out. I saw them come across the road and onto the property looking like a swarm from Walking Dead. With the wind and the fact that the moon was starting to break through the clouds, the stalk was long but was able to set up in an area where the hogs were moving towards.
I only hit 3, recovered two (didn't find the first one I shot at, must have only grazed). Couple of things of note is that at time 24 seconds or so you will see a little rabbit that had to be thinking "what the hell..." and also, the main house was off to the left of the first shot which is why I didn't take a couple of shots.
Enjoy the video, sorry for the crappy shooting.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looked to me you were shooting at the shoulder and not leading them enough, you got on the lead sow that was spooking, if she had gone down there would have been a slaughter...still fun to see!

Navygator

LSB Active Member
Looked to me you were shooting at the shoulder and not leading them enough, you got on the lead sow that was spooking, if she had gone down there would have been a slaughter...still fun to see!
Yeah, leading was one of several issues I had. You are absolutely correct on that lead sow, I was trying to get a shot at her earlier but she went into the gullly and popped out right where she could wind me (that is when she broke into the slow trot).
Like I said, not the best shooting but I figured you guys would like to see the clip anyway.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like a whole bunch of fun there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Bottom line is you were out there having fun and killing hogs...that means more than anything else!

D

djones

very cool. that's my kinda hunt. i could feel your pain without the sticks!!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for posting it, you killed a few hogs and that had to be fun. That's a good hunt in my book.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hogs down is always good!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice work. Looks like u had a blast.. Actually, lots of blasts! Fun stuff and dead hogs!

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Realizing you left your sticks is a gut punch for sure. What armasight scope is that navygator?

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good video and hunt for sure. That rabbit went home and had a drink

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good times!