ok... who's the wiseguy??

D

djones

wind was perfect for this stalk, and i closed the 300 yard gap to under 100 yards without incident. managed to bag 3 out of this herd and captured some exciting footage. i snapped these kill shot poses before dragging them off.

pig1_zpsxdbyefla.jpg

pig2_zpscssu8gsy.jpg

pig3_zpss5yatik6.jpg

3%20pigs_zpsu3uwtawo.jpg

the next herd was on the move, and i had sneak up well over 300 yards. the wind had picked up, so all i had to worry about was being seen. the moon was of little use by 2:30 so the pvs14 only showed me the way. i had to stop every so often and check through the thermal to confirm their changing position. their pattern was random and eventually they turned and headed my way. i couldn’t help but think... come on in, ole painless is waitin.

3%20more_zpsfc1pales.jpg

there’s just something about a face shot. then i followed up with a runner, but the others escaped quickly as they were near the edge of a low area. one ran the wrong way bringing the tally up to 3 on this herd too.

the temp was high 40s and i had a bandana over my face to cut the wind. my nose was running freely, and that made the bandana even colder. i still wanted it on my face, so i wasn’t about to blow my nose in it. i was, however, able to use the field method... using my fingers to close one side while clearing the other and then alternate. what i didn’t realize was that the graphite dry lube you wiseguys suggested for the tripod legs got all over my hands. i didn’t know i smeared it all over my nose until the next morning when checking the pics. kinda thinking i was setup on that one.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great post, cool video, thanks for the tidbit about the graphite face paint.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like you have figured out a new, custom carry, face camo, and apply as needed...
From the looks of your great video and photos - it paid off big time!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice chootin'. And... I recall folks suggesting you lube the tri-pod... but, I don't recall anyone suggesting you schmooie it all over your booger-hooks/face.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good hogs down... looks like u are on point

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like fun!! Good shootin' too.
That graphite helps the boogies slide better so that's a bonus.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's some good shooting DJ. Nice video too.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
slow mo of bullet, impact and post impact explosion has to be the coolest thermal view I've seen to date. Good shooting Tex!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A lot of good shots there! Hey the face camo was known by us that use dry lube, glad we got you on camera with it!!

D

djones

That graphite helps the boogies slide better so that's a bonus.
you should see the INSIDE of my nose!!

Update: even though i use a suppressor, i still wear earplugs. the kind you roll up between your fingers and insert waaaay into your ear. yea, you guessed it. after 5 q-tips each i just gave up. not sure how my many women friends are going to like that. they'll probably think they have anthrax on their tongue!

willie_zps2aa1o3qd.jpg

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great videos

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Too funny, you know just a little works well then after applying you can lightly wipe off...this one will love it

6a00d8341c730253ef019b01aa78d1970d-800wi.gif

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome video and once again, I love the splatter! You and Dax need to quit using those explosive rounds. Jake from state farm is now the jealous one!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
OMG!! If I didn't know any better I would think that was a compliment.