October is Orange and Blood is Red

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I finally finished the accounting class I was in and have time to catch up on some video. This is from a week ago and is the first hunt of fall for me. I was using a 12.5" barreled 6.8 with 90 grain gold dots and 120 sst hand loads. The scope is an Armasight Zeus 75mm 640. Hope you enjoy the show. Let me know if there is anything specific you want to see about the gear or questions about the way I hunt.

JPK

LSB Active Member
Great video. You're complaining about your shooting, but I thought all in all it was great. Especially the last sounder!

JPK

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Man! That was some fun shooting. I liked your spinning targets. That's what I get with coyotes, but then they run away never to be seen again. In that group that you took the flock shots, you hit one with those gold dots and it hit about three more gears. Nice video.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some good shooting on that last group! Good hogs down overall! Happy hunting.

D

djones

very entertaining vids! that spinner was about to make me dizzy. couple things... you're not leading them enough and you need a blue crosshair.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
very entertaining vids! that spinner was about to make me dizzy. couple things... you're not leading them enough and you need a blue crosshair.

Come on djones. Don't bring your problems to me. Oh, by the way. I used a blue Cross hair in one of the clips...

fanninland

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video - love that pecan orchard action!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gotta love those drops you're getting with the larger pills. Spinners are fun to watch too though. Pecans a-plenty, it would appear.

D

djones

Come on djones. Don't bring your problems to me. Oh, by the way. I used a blue Cross hair in one of the clips...
oh yeah? how bout i put a jamming hex on you? #jam, #jam, #jam

i'm old. so by the time i get to the end of a vid, i'm entitled to forget what i saw at the beginning.

and one more thing... an accountant is someone who didn't have the personality to be an actuary

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Watching that just makes me want to go out. Good Job!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
oh yeah? how bout i put a jamming hex on you? #jam, #jam, #jam

i'm old. so by the time i get to the end of a vid, i'm entitled to forget what i saw at the beginning.

and one more thing... an accountant is someone who didn't have the personality to be an actuary

Haha! Good thing I'm seeking a Business Management Degree and not accounting!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeeeah, the orchard is lighting up again! Really good shooting and video Alex, thanks man!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was a riot! The shooting in the trees was like a video game.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks for the compliments Gents. Hopefully, I'll get out there again in a couple of weeks. Dang adult obligations are slowing me down.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the compliments Gents. Hopefully, I'll get out there again in a couple of weeks. Dang adult obligations are slowing me down.

Sigh I know the feeling! Always a blessing to be able to hunt though!

Last edited:

cletus

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
great video! that orchard shoot looked fun!!

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
AWESOME! Nice video! Unfortunately the pecan trees around here did not fare well in the storm. My wife and I went for a drive this afternoon. One of the houses we passed had over 30 of the 50 pecan trees down. Pretty sad to see.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
AWESOME! Nice video! Unfortunately the pecan trees around here did not fare well in the storm. My wife and I went for a drive this afternoon. One of the houses we passed had over 30 of the 50 pecan trees down. Pretty sad to see.

Oh man, that's terrible. They take so long to grow and produce.

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck yeah! I could get used to that orchard shooting!