NW FL Outdoor EXPO, first of its kind

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
SHOW WAS CANCELED!

This is pretty exciting for NWFL as all we have here are the same gun shows all the time, this will be the first Outdoors Expo ever.

Gonna be an Outdoors Expo for real! Finally better than any gun show locally!

Ran into the couple putting it on at the FWB Convention Center Aug 2,3, 2014. New Outdoors Show on the radio Sat 6A-8A Starting next Sat. More info to come!

I will be inviting Randy & Christie to join the forum and tell you all about it personally. The Expo will be guns, ammo, anything hunting, fishing, camping and looking for local Manufacturers to showcase. All of the businesses will be able to participate and or buy ad space on the radio program or at the Expo.

https://www.eco-xpo.com/

Emerald Coast Outdoors 100.3 FM locally in Destin/FWB, 93.5 FM in Panama City/Port St Joe, and 97.1 in Pensacola, Saturdays 6-8 AM

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow I'm surprised no one has already done this over there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nope just stupid gun shows w the same vendors and over priced stock alternating between cities.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That looks pretty cool. I had no idea bow fishing down there was like that :D I can bow fish ;)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No kidding, there will be alot of guys at the show...LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Looking over their guest speakers and vendors I don't see anyone there I recognize. This is not a good sign. They need speakers people can relate to, talking about hog hunting, predator hunting ,turkey hunting so on and so forth. I don't even see any of the companies I represent present.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
you know Frank, if they were to invite me to speak we could go hunting together!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glenn, First one happening in the area, some of the local/regional TV people want to charge to be there and until a good vendor list is signed up, well you know it is a double edged sword. Tough job I know for the first Expo and not a known promoter putting it on. I am sure they could use some good experienced advice, seem to be willing to take it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey we might make that happen! I would rather hunt at your place but I am sure you could make me a better hunter on my own land, learn something every time I go out w others, or try too!

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
They need companies like, foxpro, eotech, ammo to go, gun companies, etc. I have contact info for several. However with such short notice it will be a tough sell. These things are booked a year in advance. If the shows are big enough, my sponsors pay me to be there. If not the show has to pay me to be there. IT AINT CHEAP! So much per day and all expenses.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
do you actually know these people?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah that is the problem I believe, i am not sure when the date was selected or why. I am in contact with them and trying to get the info out on forums and FB pages to help a bit. I have nothing to do with the show and certainly not on the inside, just hoping it goes over well enough for a second one. The folks are acquaintances to answer your question. He has a full time job on base so is typically unavailable during the day due to the job he has.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Expos are tough, you gotta have vendors to draw a crowd, you gotta have a crowd to draw vendors. Kind of a catch 22 . however a lot of big companies will do show in support of outdoor enthusiasts. Problem is they rarely do the same one more than twice if it fails to draw the crowds they need to see.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I think there is not enough time to book this one, being the first time and no large show promoter are all a bad thing. I am helping all I can and hope they do well as I am tired of the same old lame gun shows done around here and they have nothing Outdoors in them.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
they can contact me if they like I will try to help. They need to push the predator and hog thing along with Turkey. It might help, deer in FL. probably not gonna do well. Of course they should be able to get a lot of fishing industry.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well we have a huge deer crowd in FL and Alabama, more fishing than a man can handle, the hogs and yotes are huge as well as turkey and duck hunting. That was the purpose of his show, to showcase the fact there is something other than the Beach to do outdoors activities and to represent the hunters.

Fl also has probably more acres than most States available to public hunting, then all the Military bases here are huge and allow public hunting along w alot of the State parks. Lots of lease space due to the timber companies leasing out the pine forests for hunters at $3-9 an acres in blocks of 2000-40,000 acres at a time. Leases run as low as $600-1200 a year in the area I am in.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hope it does well. Feel free to send them my way if I can help.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank Glenn, I will offer them your contact info and advice, Appreciate the offer!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
thats good news, expo's do better over time as they get more exposure