Night Vision & Thermal hunt with wigwamitus.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is the video from the hunt with Delta 4-3 and wigwamitus, the video will show us through the I2 pvs-14 them will show what I see with the apollo thermal at the same time. It is very dark and humid there is a glow in the sky coming off a power plant that actually makes it harder to see in some of the shots, you will see the ir lasers illuminating the fog also.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Really thought 3rd Gen NV was great till you see it side by side w thermal. Good shooting guys. Look Wiggy is a Utube Star!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another great video, love the examples, and love the one hog doing the Curly Shuffle, good stuff right there!!!. Nice going guys. and now after the 2nd or 3rd try :) I think I finally got subscribed!!! DANG!! BANG BANG!!

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for posting. Very informative to see sidexside comparison of the two platforms. Great to see hogs whacked, too.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Of course no IR illumination was used, on a few of the shots it would have been necessary without thermal.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Whats the pig image on the bottom left side of video. Is that a thermal setting you make in the scope? Also whats with the Bath & Body Works coupon? You saying something to us hahahaha...

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Whats the pig image on the bottom left side of video. Is that a thermal setting you make in the scope? Also whats with the Bath & Body Works coupon? You saying something to us hahahaha...

The pig is a setting but it does nothing and has been removed from newer scopes. The bath and body works is from youtube lol.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great comparison of the 2 technologies. The best thing about thermal is being able to see someone shoot a couple feet low like in the last clip. Lol.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Really thought 3rd Gen NV was great till you see it side by side w thermal. Good shooting guys. Look Wiggy is a Utube Star!

Gen 3 NV is great and you will find that it does things that thermal can't do and vice versa. I think they are both equally important pieces of gear. Like has been said before thermal is great for spotting and shooting but I had to only pick one it would be NV. It's just more versatile.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great comparison of the 2 technologies. The best thing about thermal is being able to see someone shoot a couple feet low like in the last clip. Lol.

I saw that and have done it a time or two. Oops! Great video as usual TLM. Thermal for shooting looks to be the best available.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great vid like always ! I have a pvs-14 that I'll use on a good moon night but where I hunt it usually is too wooded/grassy and been using the thermal more.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah the NV guy would not like hunting the lease I am on with pine trees of all sizes and 5' grasses and tall brush. The plots and roads are all you can see w NV.