ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Feeder report for the past 6 months
Hogs - Day 1 Night 15
Deer - Day 27 Night 70
Varmints - Day 13 Night 51

Been spinning feeder primarily at night to keep my hog hunting adventures going. On this property I'm going to spin ONLY during day. What are the odds I can get some bacon to come out under the sun (if at all)? Wonder how spinning during day will cause other critters to respond.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I only feed days, for the past 4 years but I also have roll barrels that feed hogs 24/7 my animals come out at all times when they are hungry.

MFDC7141.jpg

PICT0391.jpg

PICT0185.jpg

PICT0098%20-%20Copy.jpg

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very cool time lapse. Good luck. Hope to see some hogs. BANG BANG!!

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Zen, am I correct in understanding that on this particular camera over the last 6 months, you have a total of 16 pictures of pigs?

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Zen, am I correct in understanding that on this particular camera over the last 6 months, you have a total of 16 pictures of pigs?

Yep. Over half hogs killed on this property is not under feeder. We've had bumper crop(s) of acorns this year. Plus winter never set in. Usually this time of year everything dead/dried up and they hammer corn but that's just not the case. Gonna check game cam on fri.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yep. Over half hogs killed on this property is not under feeder. We've had bumper crop(s) of acorns this year. Plus winter never set in. Usually this time of year everything dead/dried up and they hammer corn but that's just not the case. Gonna check game cam on fri.

I'm seeing the same thing here. The orchards still attracted a lot of hogs but not like the past. The cold never stayed long enough to kill the grasses and other food sources. Not many oaks in my part of Texas, but the winter wheat came up early and stronger them the last few years. The hogs ate hazing the fields instead of coming to the pecans. The pecans are all harvested now so my hunting slows down. I gotta find some what fields near cover and water.

A couple of my placed have feeders spinning daylight only. The hogs rarely, if at all, come to them in the daylight.