New Zeus Pro

Beacon22

Hog Hitman from NY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's interesting. Thanks. My unit has shut off a couple of times as well after shooting. I'll try removing batteries. I appreciate your thoughts.
You can also send the unit back to ATN or you can have them send you the new battery cap which has the updated springs with more tension in them then the previous design.
The updated springs with more tension is a fairly new revision.
Alson was the guy in customer service that I dealt with on this. Even with the new springs they still don't recommend storing the unit with the batteries in it.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've never even looked through a rifle mounted thermal unit such as ATNs Thor or Armasight Zeus series. All my thermal experience comes from working on the Apaches FLIR/thermal sights. We have two types of SANUC processes. A longer and a quick version. In the longer version the sight will scan up and down getting a good reference of the environment. The quick one just updates for thermal drift more or less. I'd be curious to see what happens if you NUC while point the scope at the ground. Then again while looking at something with big differences in tempatures. I'd thing there would be a noticeable quality difference in the picture.
Jhop, that is an interesting thought. Which do you think would give the better picture quality? The one pointed at the ground, or the one pointed at something with a large temperature difference?

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The one pointed at something with temperature difference. Try it both different ways and tell me which one gave you a better picture. Be safe pointing a weapon by the way.

Dusty

Hey, thats a fact jack
This is a great Forman. Thanks for your reply.
Why is it when i tell people i bought a 7000 8000 9000 thermal th3y come back and say why do you need that or i would buy a boat instead.. The same with my suppressores why do you need that. And they say is that legal. Or they just haters or what sorry about 5he miss spelled words long day at work, working sa a person protecting and serving.