New Toy

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just picked up my H&K Tactile USP 45 today she is sweet now I need my Osprey can.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"Tactile" you say? Nice lookin' pistol there.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have you had a chance to shoot it yet with the higher sights? When I had the p220 combat I just could not get used to the sights being so much taller

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh you know, just in case.. Might have to hit someone with it and sights might do just that little extra damage needed

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD spelling is not something I have ever done well oh well. Lol have not shot is yet wanted to get thread protector yet will shoot this week and give a report. It was between the HK and a FNX did like the FNX felt in my hand and the finish was not as nice as the HK it had much more rounded edges.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is that the mag release... where the grip meets the trigger guard?

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes that might take a little getting used to

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Took the HK to range today. My biggest problem it the front blade of the sight which is black. I was indoors and these old eye could not see it very well. Trigger was excellent once you got past travel. It is much better that the Sig SRT trigger. Muzzle flip was not bad but not as good as my tuned 1911. 12 rds was nice I am thinking I would like to add a flush mount red dot like I have on my 460 Rowland. It will fix the old eye issue. Here is my target at least I was able to hit the barn on the first trip to range. I was shooting 200gr semi wad cutters from Feral Ammo I have had a couple of years.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ya know? A feller CAN tinker with some Testor's Model paint on a front sight to see what a feller's eyes like "more gooder". And, it's not too tough to remove once you decide to change to another option, or go back to original.

Another option is to raid the Mrs.' nail polish collection and tinker with what works, acetone removes it.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good and cheap options thanks RD. I could not hardly see that black blade. Wish I had the young eyes back biggest thing I miss about be younger. I have neon fiber optic on my browning camper I can see it just fine. Will experiment some.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's about what I was getting from my sig. Mine had glowing night sights so it wasn't too bad to see but the sights being higher threw my shots around like that. I just couldn't get use to it. Swapped out for the standard p220 and now I can shoot dead on no problem

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was digging in my Leupold Delta Point box today and I have all the parts to place my other Delta Point on my HK with no cost. Now that is a happy Friday moment. My second Delta Point in on my CSC 7.52x39 upper no big deal to move. I have another scope to put on the CSC. So happy days!