New Toy

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Had Ident pull the tube out of one of my PVS 14s to make me a PVS 24. Fantastic device and cant wait to snipe some hogs from a distance!

51F5E34C-FFB0-403B-A0EB-5E3F9D7472FE_zpsrguhleui.jpg

E5FF27C6-9DF0-489A-BC06-5BA7E4E8812C_zpsbow27nsa.jpg

85FB09E7-F2B0-4F58-AE47-EDF02C70FADD_zps6nmurown.jpg

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice very nice indeed. Looks like a whole lot of FUN!!! Nice pictures. BANG BANG!!

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They are great, I hunted with one for over 2 years. I will say that because of the little objective they suffer in very low light. I found that many times the D-BAL D2 was to much illumination so if you find the same issue turn the gain down on the PVS-24. Problem solved!! Enjoy

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a pretty sweet new toy. Mind if I ask what kind of money were talking about for a conversion?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats... better resolution wit the "24" tube? Nice lookin' rifles there.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congrats... better resolution wit the "24" tube? Nice lookin' rifles there.

I tested it out last night and could zoom to 8 power on the nightforce and still had what I would consider good picture quality. 6X was perfect. This was the best tube I had out of my PVS 14s and had some very high specs so its got a clean image and with a 31.6 SNR rating it should do great in low light.

Pretty pumped about this as this time of year the snakes are out in force and I tend to hunt more from blinds as opposed to walking around. This sure beats trying to use a laser at extened ranges.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's a pretty sweet new toy. Mind if I ask what kind of money were talking about for a conversion?

Sent ya a PM about the price. It was a very good deal. I also out of nowhere was able to get some barely used Sentinel goggles at a price that is unbelievable. I mean ridiculous, haha. So I am rocking and rolling!

639F4DE2-2FF4-4157-A3F1-A06A32C64BA7_zpssxz1tmxk.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well you are in good now...like the goggles too.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
That looks nice. I've got a mount for using my pvs with a scope, haven't tried it out yet.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice Patrick!! I have thought about selling my Anvis 9's for a set of Sentinel's but the 9's are so light. You will like the 24. I only sold mine to get a CNVD-LR :D

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very nice Patrick!! I have thought about selling my Anvis 9's for a set of Sentinel's but the 9's are so light. You will like the 24. I only sold mine to get a CNVD-LR :D

Those CNVD- LRs are pretty sweet! I kicked myself for not jumping on buying your old clip on, but I think I made out pretty good in the end.

The sentinels are a huge improvement weight wise from the dual PVS 14 set up I was using. Jason helped me out by collimating them since apparently that "other dealer" that these originated from did not bother to do it.

JPK

LSB Active Member
Cool stuff! Where is the "envy" button?

I am going to try dual PVS 14's and don't have much option since I need to be able to split them up when my son hunts with me. I also want to be able to swing one device out of LOS at any given it e to scan with a thermal, so I was thinking the Mod Armory bridge. Thoughts?

Thanks,

JPK

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You now have a very nice setup!! All you need now is a ACOG to go with that PVS-24. I think there happens to be one in the EE. Lol.

Other dealer? Hmmmm. ;)

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Cool stuff! Where is the "envy" button?

I am going to try dual PVS 14's and don't have much option since I need to be able to split them up when my son hunts with me. I also want to be able to swing one device out of LOS at any given it e to scan with a thermal, so I was thinking the Mod Armory bridge. Thoughts?

Thanks,

JPK

Mod Armory bridge is a great set up and I truly enjoyed dual tubes as opposed to just one PVS 14. It really makes a huge difference in depth perception. Also, like HD... I need to insert a shameless plug for my goods I have for sale in the exchange. ;)

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL. The I2 Technologies/Mod Armory bridge is a great setup for the people that start with a PVS-14 and add another later.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice rifles and gear bro. So no worries about putting that nv unit on a scar? I keep reading about how they are hard on optics.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They are hard on optics! I personally wouldn't put one on a SCAR 17(308), IIRC they are rated for 308 but the SCAR is a different animal

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice rifles and gear bro. So no worries about putting that nv unit on a scar? I keep reading about how they are hard on optics.

I believe the optic issue is more related to the 308 SCARs. Mine is the 16S (5.56) so I should be fine as it is rated up to .308. I do not see it being on the SCAR much if at all really. I am liking it on my Six8 in the first picture. Seems like a great match with the 2.5-10 Nightforce. Also, the tube used from my old PVS 14 is filmless as opposed to the usual thin filmed variety. This should help in its "ruggedness".

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The IR Hunter MII will be just fine on either SCAR