New to the board......Looking for a place to hunt

TiggerV

Title kind of says it all. I am looking for a cheap place to try some hog hunting. I use both rifle and soon, bow. I would love to try this out. My deer lease seems still to be hog free. Maybe the last place in Texas that is. Anyone have a place where I can go and shoot or tag along?

Not I would also like some advice. A few weeks ago I was down on the Trinity River in the Wilmer/Hutchins/Ferris area. This was unincorporated land. While looking for a place to fish, I stumble across some SERIOUS hog sign.

While there are signing posted everywhere about no FIREARMS, does anyone happen to know the rules/law about taking a hog in that area with a bow?

Thanks in Advance.....

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Title kind of says it all. I am looking for a cheap place to try some hog hunting. I use both rifle and soon, bow. I would love to try this out. My deer lease seems still to be hog free. Maybe the last place in Texas that is. Anyone have a place where I can go and shoot or tag along?

Not I would also like some advice. A few weeks ago I was down on the Trinity River in the Wilmer/Hutchins/Ferris area. This was unincorporated land. While looking for a place to fish, I stumble across some SERIOUS hog sign.

While there are signing posted everywhere about no FIREARMS, does anyone happen to know the rules/law about taking a hog in that area with a bow?

Thanks in Advance.....

As for the cheap place to hunt I guess it depends on what cheap is each person is different for some that is $200 a day others it's $2000.

As for the advise on the trinity river land it is unincorporated true. But that property is all private land or wildlife preserve. Depending where you were you may have been trespassing at the time if you did not contact the land owner. If you were in the county preserve then you can fish with a license but no firearms or hunting is allowed.

There is a huge problem with poachers and tresspassers down in that area, so now rhey are strickly enforcing the law.

The largest tract is owned by TXI they do not even allow their own employees to hunt or fish there. If they get caught charges are filed.

I personally know the game wardens that work that area if you are caught fishing or hunting you better have a written permission from the land owner with you.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I dislike poachers with a passion! They mess up a lot of good hunting with land owners because they do,bad things to the owners land and wildlife. A big reason land owners here are very funny who hunts on their land if something goes wrong they do not want liability and in today's sue happy climate can't blame them. Sad state of affairs