New Thermal purchase

sigfla

LSB Member
I may ask Strelok to enter one using that reticle. He already has the TCR on the app. If he can get all the sub tensions for the TCR it can be a ballistic reticle with the app.

sigfla

LSB Member
Wigwamitus thanks for contributing to the thread. You have provided more information to my questions than anyone and been very helpful overall. Its a big purchase so the more I know the more comfortable I feel. Thank you.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
All the trijicons have PVS-14 rear ends. PVS-14 rear end can only support 1x. Further real clipons (even the SNIPE) have risley prism back ends and if they are collimated (my SNIPE didn't seem to be since it required significant adjustments) then a real clipon (like the PVS-30) will align the optical centers and not affect POI. None of the trijicons, except the SNIPE have risley-prism rear ends.

I never tried it with any of the trijicons until last Feb ... in order to make it work, we're trying crap like this ...

TbIYkKWh.jpg

That's a regular old patrol on the front but has 3x magnifiers on the front end rear ... optically that contraption works fine and supports 10x/12x magnification on the day scope. But we've had to work a little harder to get it to be shootable. We've been "almost done" for about 4 months .. .the front is done the 3x on the front we threaded and it locks up solid and is shootable. And added a collar so you can't accidently move the focus ring in this config (but its all removalble so it goes back to being a regular patrol if you want). The back is getting there. The reverse USGI magnifier (demagnifier in this case) works fine rethreaded that ... the risley prism complex needs to hold the pair of risley prisms and push on the 14 lens so it doesn't move (14 lenses wobble ... who knew). But we hope to have it all wrapped up soon :)

But yes, the short answer is trijicons make terrible clipons except for the SNIPE.

:)