New Texas Hog Hunter

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome to the board. Lots of good info on here and knowledgeable people too. Not your typical internet hunter types. lol

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome, and congrats. Those tender ones are mouth watering. If it was a 2016 kill, log it on the kill counter thread too.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
welcome , what part of this great state are you hunting in?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome Mike where are you hunting in TX?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's an interesting place to move to unless you were born there. What's that like?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That seems to be a very remote area

mike73

LSB Member
I actually live in Waxahachie which is a little south of Dallas. A couple of guys at work have been hunting on this lease for a while and had an opening this year. The price was right so I bought in. I was as excited about all the hogs on it as I was the deer. You are right it is in the middle of nowhere. It a little over a 4 hour drive but you can get over there and hunt on a normal weekend if you want to.

I found the website through the video on shoot placement for hogs. Really useful for a new hunter. This site has tons of useful information. Thanks to everyone for the kind words on this thread and my story thread. I hope this is the first of many stories. The lease has deer, hogs, quail, and coyotes on it so hopefully hogs are not the only thing I will get to talk about.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like you got a good lease, congrats

BRUTE

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome. I did some time in Waco at TSTC. Your just a little north of that.

When you get a good handle on killing hogs you may talk with some of the people around there and see if they have hog problems. There is a lot of farming in that area between Waco, you, West. Farmers hate hogs and are more likely to let you go on their property. Planting time and post harvest will be your best times with NV or a good light.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the forum and good luck on the the new lease. As the guys said, you'll find all the info you'll need here and we like you to share you info and stories. Always remember to add those pigs kills to the 2016 counter.