New rifle

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I've always loved guns, no matter what type, and air rifles are no exception

I usually use a Hatsan 125 Sniper in .22 caliber, but always wanted a PCP (Pre-Charged Pneumatic) rifle. so I finally picked one up.

I picked up the Airforce Ultimate Condor, this time in .25 caliber. It will zip along a .25 caliber 25gr bullet at 1100 fps, with about 67 ft/lbs of energy. Can go to heavier pellets and get higher energy. The tanks hold 3000 psi for multiple shots, about 15 at full pressure and go up from there with less pressure.

I plan to give it a try on some hogs, either shot straight on in the head to the brain or just behind the ear. And the setup below actually costs more than most of my AR's:

u10497.jpg

click-on-the-image-to-enlage-zoom.jpg

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They are just amazing, I cannot due to the cost but would love to have one

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What's the effective range on one of bad boys Dave?

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I can hold 1/2" groups at 50 yards with JSB Match Exact Kings, but they don't expand, would be great for a head shot in cracking the skull.

Shooting a 25.39gr pellet at 1100 fps, with a 50 yard zero, I have 68.2 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle,, 55.4 at 50 yards and 41.1 at 100 yards. That 41.1 at 100 yards is way more than almost any spring gun out there. My hatsan only has 31 ft/lbs at the muzzle with any load. I should still be getting over 900 fps at 100 yards.

I have gotten 1.5" at 100 yards with no wind. But figuring on some of the heavier bullets with more energy, I think on a hog you would have to use something like the barracuda hunter pellets and keep the shots 70 yards or less and do a behind the ear shot. I've blew up some pigeons and they about blow apart. I even dropped one at 110 yards.

The gun is fun because it is near recoilless, so you can always see what you hit, unlike my Hatsan 125 Sniper with a magnum spring. If you want a fun gun that is accurate and cheap, check out the Hatsan. It is huge, 48.8" long, but pretty accurate and cheap to shoot, I have that one which has a pretty good suppressor, in .22 cal, been whacking pigeons like crazy on my roof and tower. For longer shooting I go down to my friends farm, can shoot stuff down there all day. I will probably use the Condor on a coyote here soon.

Last edited:

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That would do good for my longer range squirrel hunting

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Most definitely a HUSH puppy. Sweet. Lewis and Clark had an air rifle with them on their trek west.

Harris hawker

LSB Member
image.jpg I like air soft also.
This is my personal bucket list airs off gun.

Yes it is full air soft, 3000 rpm and shoots metal and plastic.
They modeled it after JesseVentura's gun in predator.
$5000.
But you don't need class 3
:)

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Most definitely a HUSH puppy. Sweet. Lewis and Clark had an air rifle with them on their trek west.

I read all about that years ago, it is a really interesting story. I hated history in school, but love reading about stuff like that now.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I read all about that years ago, it is a really interesting story. I hated history in school, but love reading about stuff like that now.
Yeah, in school, it was only about memorizing dates and the topic of discussion it signified. Talk about dry chit. Love learning about things from days gone by now.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow that is amazing. All I need to bring home a mini gun and wife might have me committed