New Property

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I finally got in touch with a landowner who gave me permission to hunt a spot where I've seen some serious rooting. It is just off the county road my parents live on. It appears the hogs are eating cockle burr roots and it looks like a mine field. Before I got permission I drove by twice after dark and saw 20-25 hogs with the pvs14 both times. The first time I checked it last week there were no hogs to be seen. After the recent rain I saw fresh rooting and decided to try it Friday night. The SE wind is just perfectly wrong for a stalk so hunting bud Tim and I decided to drive in fast. We saw no hogs in the rooting area but two hogs suprised us and jumped up from close by as we pulled off the road. I got the first one easily but had angled the truck wrong and couldn't get on the second hog because I hit my mirror and A-post when tracking it. I opened the door and jumped out but the pig had gained some distance. I think it was closer than I thought and it appears I overshot it. I need to get used to judging distance better in a 2x scope. Still loving the thermal sight though! Turns out the dead hog was a pregnant sow so even better! It happened so fast Tim couldn't find anything with the Photon.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shot! Glad you are enjoying the Pulsar.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another piglet factory shut down. Nice shot there.