New member from Cat Spring Tx

Billygadget7

LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am Billygadget7, I stumbled across this site while researching thermal. Can't believe I havent seen it before.
Been in this area all of my life. Love to hunt and sometimes just shoot. Have done all my own reloading since the early 90's. At which time I was shooting benchrest locally.
I'm fortunate enough to have a range at my wife's place to shoot. And have extermination rights at the family's property in Pearsall. Just bought an Armasight predator, and it just wasn't for me. So, it went back and I got Zeus pro 640 res 2x16 50mm. Wow is it nice.
Haven't had time to do any exterminating yet, but hopefully soon.
Current projects are my Redneck Whisper (sks w 180-215 subsonic loads)
Might just eliminate the gas system completely. And yes the Zeus will see time on the sks. It's like putting $3,000 of stereo in a $200 car. The other is a long range .308 on a rem 788.
Hope this opens the door.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey Billy, I've only been here a few month's myself, but it's a great site with tons of info and great guys. If you reload, like guns, are into thermal, and think that putting a $3000 thermal on a $300 rifle is KOOOOOL, I think you just described half of us here. Welcome to the site. Oh BTW some of us aren't from Texas, but they let us participate anyway.

Billygadget7

LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey Billy, I've only been here a few month's myself, but it's a great site with tons of info and great guys. If you reload, like guns, are into thermal, and think that putting a $3000 thermal on a $300 rifle is KOOOOOL, I think you just described half of us here. Welcome to the site. Oh BTW some of us aren't from Texas, but they let us participate anyway.
Thanks. I wish I only paid 3k for it, but the wife doesn't know that...........Yet. Lots easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, sometimes.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You don't have to tell me, I just bought the Zeus 3x 75mm 640X480. I'm just afraid she'll sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to yaz... good crew here.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome!!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome to the site. Glad you could make it.

Billygadget7

LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am Billygadget7, I stumbled across this site while researching thermal. Can't believe I havent seen it before.
Been in this area all of my life. Love to hunt and sometimes just shoot. Have done all my own reloading since the early 90's. At which time I was shooting benchrest locally.
I'm fortunate enough to have a range at my wife's place to shoot. And have extermination rights at the family's property in Pearsall. Just bought an Armasight predator, and it just wasn't for me. So, it went back and I got Zeus pro 640 res 2x16 50mm. Wow is it nice.
Haven't had time to do any exterminating yet, but hopefully soon.
Current projects are my Redneck Whisper (sks w 180-215 subsonic loads)
Might just eliminate the gas system completely. And yes the Zeus will see time on the sks. It's like putting $3,000 of stereo in a $200 car. The other is a long range .308 on a rem 788.
Hope this opens the door.

miket

Plantersville, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome, dont forget to post pics and keep us updated on your hunts!

Billygadget7

LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome, dont forget to post pics and keep us updated on your hunts!
Thanx, my avatar is the most recent from two weeks ago. Two young females out too late. They got busted by my Junkyard Dawg. 788 rem 22-250

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
welcome