New Lease Ride

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I broke down and got something I wanted at the price I could afford. EZ Go 2cly 350cc, 186 hrs, it was the backup beverage cart at a country club. Mechanic went through it, even adjusted the valves, cleaned gas tank, putting new carb on, 2 seats or a bench, full canopy top, larger off road tires, new belts. He wanted 450 and w the adds I will have about $650 in it and a mechanic that will care for it at very reasonable prices. Guy is a Vet, works 3 jobs, Builds cars, Saiga 12's and is the golf cart mechanic at a shop in town but also moonlights.

We will see how this goes...

20140427_161322.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice, need some of that camo bug netting as curtains.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, will get a large mosquito net from the surplus store but I already wear a bug suit that is pretty effective.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Concealment too, was my thought.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have the camo netting they use to cover a tank w the anti radar rings all neatly wrapped up in its canvas bag. I could cut a section to cover it up, or just paint the thing camo!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Since it is gas I will be able to travel but still have to walk in to where I want to go or hunt out of it along roads or clearcuts, like a portable blind. at least all my supplies and gear will be close. it is not 4x4 so will get as close as I can to the kill and use it to drag or place on the rear rack for hauling to the skinning rack.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice! Hope it winds up being a big asset in lots of future hunts for ya.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
now for some tactical rattle can!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is gas so the engine charges the single battery..Got to get a come-along to get it unstuck and for animals. I will have to test but do not think it will go through much water or deep mud, trial and error will tell. I did not pay very much for it so can easily sell if it does not prove useful. Camo paint job, also some taller tires will help. I think it will easily get around my area and half of the lease, a couple of water crossings I doubt it can go through. It if fairly quiet and the animals are used to vehicles on the lease, going to add a double muffler system, everything will be an experiment.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah not gonna put much $$ into it, if I could do it myself or it is cheap maybe.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
With the flat bed area, it looks like you are set for a high chair setup if you wanted to go that route. That would be cool.

So what will you do with that area? Putting the beverage stuff back might be pretty nice as well. ;)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I am putting a canvas canopy over the top as shade. It was a beverage cart the girls drive at a country club. I am going to use the bed for a tool box, cooler, hauling area for corn and other supplies. Hangers for my backpack/hunting vest, maybe spare gun racks for weapons, shooting sticks, mounts on the frame of the top for my kill lights. Instead of a winch I am going to have a heavy come-along and tow strap for getting out of trouble and dragging things.

I want to make it sorta a portable hunting blind, corn an area, sit and wait(move and observe at will), able to dismount asap and head out with minimal gear. I am an old guy so this will be my pack mule for geat and dead animals.

My personal area is 300 acres but within a mile or 2 are roads and community or unassigned areas that I currently don't hunt but w this I can. Also other lease members are always saying go get my yotes or hogs, now I will be able to do that easily.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Looks like a future "hog killin machine" there. It should work very well for you.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
might look at a toboggan/sled to pull behind when you make a kill. don't have to lift the carcass very high that way, and it wont put weight on the rear tires. it can ride inside or on top until needed

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a go0d idea, or just a tarp, there is an expanded metal rack on the rear that can be used for smaller game. We put 260 lbs on the back and still had plenty of clearance.