New in nc

Jofus

LSB Member
Just realized I never posted my howdy. I've been reading the forum off and on for a while but just recently joined to start posting. I'm in central nc. Recently our yote population has exploded and I'm getting into varmint hunting after watching them chase my deer and seeing drastic decreases in the numbers of fawns and turkey toddlers. Don't laugh, but my only night vision I have is one of the original x sights ive had for a while and a cheesy phone thermal and a gen1 monocular. I've shot 11 yotes since mid october 2017 just farting around ( 3 at night) whenever im up at my land. I love all the on site videos both for entertainment and trying to learn stuff on the fly. One of my relatives has a piggy problem in eastern nc so I might get into that later as well. I have lots of free time and play with wildcat ar calibers and shoot pretty regularly . I've thoroughly enjoyed this site and hope to contribute soon.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome aboard, sounds like you will be sharing alot of exciting hunts with us. Whack em and Stack em!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sounds like we could learn something from you about killing yotes. Welcome aboard.

Jofus

LSB Member
My secret is when I see them I shoot them.....there a boatload of them and they havent been hunted so they are stupid enough my acme coyote hunting rig works even with little skill or knowledge. Meep meep!! The other day siren went off for volunteer fire dept and 4 packs sounded off within 500 yards of me. Up until 6 or so years ago I'd never seen a coyote now they are everywhere.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome. We have another guy here I think in Ohio that really focuses on coyotes! We need to send you guys some hog eggs.

Jofus

LSB Member
Welcome. We have another guy here I think in Ohio that really focuses on coyotes! We need to send you guys some hog eggs.

No ty the piggies are in eastern nc working there way to me already. While It looks like a hoot to chase em I've got enough troubles finding me a big buck every once in a while. Would it be green eggs and ham still - or green HAM eggs?

steve218

This looks like so much fun and apparently it is very much needed Having worked for many of my early years with cattle on our farm I can't imagine having a problem like those hogs. Even though I can only hunt from stands after getting hurt at work this looks like a lot of fun...