New Hunting Location

marineimaging

LSB Member
After 4 years I finally found a spot that the landowner is begging me to hunt. They had a recent sounder destroy 3 different 3-5 acre spots where they want to plant hay this season but are not going to turn it and plant until we can eradicate the buggers. There will be a trapper in there next week but I have retained the O.K. to hunt. I walked the approx 120 acres the other day and would say about 50 percent forested and 50 percent pasture in odd shapes. All I have to do is let them know I am there and go on in. The only problem is that with all of this rain the ground is way too wet for my truck. A 4 wheeler, no problem. However, they stuck a 4x4 trying to pull out a 2wd and finally had to get a tractor to get them out. Anyway guys, I am going back up there this week or next weekend. The location is Crockett. Does anybody with night gear live near there that might be interested if I can get permission for a 2-3 person hunt? I am not sure if they will allow several guns out there but I am sure going to try and see.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the new spot!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congratulations on the spot. I live about 90 min. from Crockett. I'm still collecting my night vision gear and I have to go back to work next weekend or I would be volunteering. Still need a weapon mount and 3x amp. for my PVS 14. Let me know if you still need help in early Mar.

marineimaging

LSB Member
Update..., I had this all wrapped up and ready to move my RV to site when others got involved and pulled the plug. Afraid of injury and law suits. I still have my son-in-laws property and we have evidence of hogs on the property so I will still move the RV up there to launch out of but losing those 60 acre parcels is a bummer. Oh, well. I will keep my joy unabashed and my head held high and keep on keepin on.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a bummer, with any luck you will find another spot.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
sorry, that is a bummer

marineimaging

LSB Member
Thanks for the condolences all. Likes I said, we'll keep on keepin on. Something will turn up and will be hog heaven.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here's hoping that you get to change the chicken s..t in to chicken salad

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
The NRA has a liability form on their website that you can offer to sign if it would make the land owner feel better about it.

Powerstroke99

The NRA also offers Hunter's Insurance in different increments at a reasonable cost. Having insurance to cover a potential accident may make the landowner feel better about letting you hunt as well.