New hunting grounds- good start

Jethro

Sounds like another good night last night then! Sure is nice when a new place doesn't just turn out to be as good as the landowners stories, but even better! You are going to have a lot of fun on that place.

Sure did enjoy talking to you on the phone last night. Good luck on the rest of the trip!

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like another good night last night then! Sure is nice when a new place doesn't just turn out to be as good as the landowners stories, but even better! You are going to have a lot of fun on that place.

Sure did enjoy talking to you on the phone last night. Good luck on the rest of the trip!
Thank you sir. Great talking to you as well.

9 more last night so 27 total for the trip.

Jethro

You are stacking them up!

Next time you are up bring your precision rifle. That way if you end up having some extra time I will take you out to some of my places and we can shoot some distance. I have quite a few places to do that. I can get out to 1100 or so several places, and out to 135o-1400 in one spot. Plenty of ravines and ridges to shoot across which can lead to some tricky winds at times. Educational though.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You are stacking them up!

Next time you are up bring your precision rifle. That way if you end up having some extra time I will take you out to some of my places and we can shoot some distance. I have quite a few places to do that. I can get out to 1100 or so several places, and out to 135o-1400 in one spot. Plenty of ravines and ridges to shoot across which can lead to some tricky winds at times. Educational though.

That sounds awesome and I will take you up on that. Will be great to get some pointers from a guy that’s been shooting in this wind for as long as you have.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
With the high number of kills you are getting on the place, are you letting the yotes/buzzards clean up - or is the rancher hauling em' off with a front end loader?
Great kills !

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When I got up in the morning I'd jump on the tractor w/loader and haul them to small washout area.

Came home yesterday to handle some things but started at 4 0r 5 pm Wednesday afternoon and hunted until 2 am friday morning. Total was 6 boars with biggest being around 240lbs, 10 sows with most around 170-180lbs and the rest piglets. Total for 2 days was 27.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Solid weekend of hunting!! Let us know how it continues.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nothing builds street cred like putting hooves up on the first day.

In sight of the cabin.

With the landowner watching...