New Guy from MS/LA

boatdriver1790

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Greetings folks! Been lurking here for a while. Recently got stationed down in MS/LA and found some great friends that turned me on to hog hunting. Spent most of the year learning how to stalk them in the daytime on public land. Just a couple months ago I lucked out and met a good buddy with some private land that I hunt on now.

I'm using a Rock River lower with an *** 6.8 upper and 120gr SSTs. Just a green light for now but I have an X-Sight on order. I have another friend that lets me use his THOR as a spotting monocular. Don't think I'll be buying one of those on a military salary anytime soon, but man it's nice!

Anyway, here are a few pics of me and my family hunting and loving it! My little girls are 8 and 11 and have both proven themselves deadly with their Ruger American 17HMR. Trying to get my wife into it but for now she just enjoys having the freezer full!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Weolcome. I see you are raising those girls right!

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome! Nice hogs! Can't wait to get my youngest daughter out hunting with me.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome, great pix... and thank you for your service. Agreed on pleased to see ya raisin' those girls right. Start 'em young.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great pics and i love you getting the kids involved...Thanks for your service!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome and good job making memories with the kids. Thanks for your service.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome! Thank-you for your service and great job on getting the kiddos hunting.

boatdriver1790

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I've learned a ton from reading this forum. I had a great hunt last night and will post about it in another thread. I think it's a candidate for the Sus Venator Club!

boatdriver1790

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I've learned a ton from reading this forum. I had a great hunt last night and will post about it in another thread. I think it's a candidate for the Sus Venator Club!

If any moderators can help...everytime I post I get a "thread awaiting moderation" message. Thanks.

D

djones

hmmm??? scrambler gets that message too when he tries to post nude selfies.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service sir!