New guy from Harker Heights, TX

softballnrd27

I have finally made it back to Texas after retiring from the Marines in August. I have spent as much time in the woods as I possibly could searching for deer and hogs this season. My son and I have already each killed a deer this season that ended a 6 year drought for us. I just got my first AR15 this past weekend and I'm taking it out this weekend to try and get some blood on it. After the holidays I am going to start an AR .308 build for my main gun.
I look forward to learning and shooting the you know what with everyone!!

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome aboard. I'm right down the road from you in Copperas Cove. We'll have to meet up sometime.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to ya, and thank you for your years' of service. Congrats on the fresh venison too.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to LSB. Look forward to some pics and stories!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome aboard, thanks for your service. Be careful in here , there are those who will try to persuade you towards a 6.8 instead of that 308. They will fill your head with talk about less recoil, quicker 2nd shot acquisition and 80% of the 308 knockdown power. Yes, you guessed it they steered me in that direction and now I can't get this stupid grin off my face every time I shoot it!

softballnrd27

I have some opportunities to hunt bigger game in Illinois, Wyoming and possibly Canada so I will stick with the .308 for now. I have looked at just about every possible caliber and I always come back to the .308. That being said, I haven't bought anything yet so who knows!!

BRUTE

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those .270s being talked about in the other threads may be worth looking at.

Welcome

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the forum!!

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hmmm......... .308, 6.8, .270/ Why not get all three? lol I had the same thoughts about caliber for hunting. I ended staying with my Bolt guns in 30-06 and .270 and went with a .223 wylde and 6.8 Ar's. However since I've bought the 6.8 the .223/5.56 have stayed at home.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome aboard. I'm right down the road from you in Katy. We'll have to meet up sometime.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome aboard, I'm just down the road from you too over in East TX. Glad to have you.