New Concealed Carry Pistol

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpg Picked up a new concealed carry pistol today. Got a Sig P938 Scorpion 9mm. Never owned a Sig before mainly Glocks and Kimber's. Hope to shoot tomorrow. Seems to be well constructed, fit and finish is good has night sights. The single action trigger is heavy around 8# I believe but breaks clean.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like the look of it!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the new friend.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Make sure you let us know how you like it. My girlfriend wants the exact pistol.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those shoot really nice. that's what my friend carries every day

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok went to the range this morning. Put 200 rounds of 115gr FMJ reloads through it. No issues there cycled flawlessly. Then put 50 rounds of my 124gr carry ammo. Federal Premium Hydra Shok. It fed flawless as well.

Under recoil the pistol is snappy but very controllable. The front and back strap checkering as well as the checkered grips aid in this aspect. It shoots to point of aim and after getting used to it I could rapid fire at 20ft and keep all center mass hits on a torso target. As I stated earlier the trigger is heavy but smooth and predictable.

Overall very impressed with the quality. It's small size makes it very easy to conceal comfortably. I am currently using one of the Versa Carry units to carry it. Very comfortable in jeans and shirt.

Take down for cleaning is typical 1911 style but no barrel bushing. Reassembly you have to depress the ejector slightly to clear the rear of the slide.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice gun. You should enjoy that for a long time.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the review. They are an amazing little gun

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The only thing I want to do to it so far is get the trigger worked to 5 or 6# and really smooth and it will be great for carry.
The full size sights allow you to shoot it well the trigger is just heavy. Too heavy in my opinion.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My sig scorpion 1911's are the same way. A little heavy on the trigger pull