New Armasight Zeus 640 3-24x, 75mm, does this look right to you??

robininni

LSB Member
I just got this today (ordered brand new) and upon opening it and looking at it I noticed that the objective lens cap doesn't look like any I've seen in any pictures. In fact, it's annoying as this thing will just dangle down the side of the rifle. Then I got to looking at the objective lens end in general and the whole end looks different from any pictures I've seen of these (focus ring, etc.). Is this a new version? Old version? A strange looking refurbished version? Thanks for your help.

CIMG2778.JPG

robininni

LSB Member
Thanks for helping me out. So are all newly manufactured Zeus 640 75mm getting these new lenses now? What can I do for a better lens cap that won't dangle and knock around on the rifle? I've looked online some for 75mm lense caps and I can't find anything. Also, how do I find out stuff like what you told me on my own? I didn't see anything on the Armasight website.

WhoCares

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Usually Todd (TexasLawman) knows just about everything night vision or thermal related as he gets to test lots of new stuff. When I need to know something I usually search his previous posts, watch his videos, or send him a PM. That would serve u well.

Wayne

LSB Member
Could I ask where you bought the scope? I think that's my next scope would love to have the new HD lenses.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't know the external diameter of the new lens, but on my 75mm Thor, a Vortex scope flip cap works perfectly. Got it on Amazon for about $15.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK thank you
It's not a vendor specific thing. They've been having the new lenses for awhile now. All the new scopes I've received from Night Vision Guys (One of our site sponsors) have the new lenses. And much much better people to deal with than Optics Planet. IMO.