New 5.56 upper on the way

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sold my DD M4 today and bought a POF 5.56 upper with a 12" barrel. I do,like my piston guns no back gas in face. They do shot sweet and are so,easy to clean. Chromed BCG. Rock creek barrel.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does that go on a standard lower? I have never built or messed w a piston AR

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes it does in this case I have several POF lowers Np3 coated I bought several years ago. One is a class 3 lower so it is nice to use several SBR uppers on them. The fist time I shot a piston gun I went wow no gas blow back especially using a suppressor. I think Frank if you shot one and cleaned you would see an amazing difference. Aks are piston guns and they shoot way dirty and any kind on ammo. The AR pistons are built to,better tolerances than AK.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well maybe one of these days. I don't SBR for the hassle or the suppressor for the $$ but a piston gun is doable.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well maybe one of these days. I don't SBR for the hassle or the suppressor for the $$ but a piston gun is doable.
No gas and dirt in the receiver makes cleaning and shooting lots of rounds sweet. With that said they are way louder since all the gas comes out the front end.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The cool thing is no problems with adjusting the gas to make the BCG move backwards

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I saw the LWRCI 6.8, anyone else make one?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i have been looking at some 223 wylde barrels. might try to SBR one

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I saw the LWRCI 6.8, anyone else make one?
I have a POF in a 7" barrel it is to bad they do not make any more. Adams makes piston uppers I don't think they make a 6.8.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
CSC arms makes piston uppers. I have one in 7.62x39 which is a hog killer and cheap to,shoot. I have not been to,their website for a while. Bernie is a great guy. He might make one if asked.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I will say this and lot of people and that includes me think the piston makes the BCG move a little up when it strikes the buffer spring. I have seen a little wear but not big deal so far.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I will say this and lot of people and that includes me think the piston makes the BCG move a little up when it strikes the buffer spring. I have seen a little wear but not big deal so far.
I've heard that if you ever have to replace the bolt in your piston gun to replace the buffer tub at the same time. But then again I have no,0, nada experience with piston guns.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
One thing I just thought of my M1a is a piston rifle in a different way the gas hits the gas piston and drives the rod back to reload the rifle. In a old s
I've heard that if you ever have to replace the bolt in your piston gun to replace the buffer tub at the same time. But then again I have no,0, nada experience with piston guns.
i don't know that for sure as I have never had to,replace. I would think since my POF bolts are chromed and the BCG is Ni coated it would not wear out as fast as buffer spring

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This conversation is one of the best things I love about this site get to learn new stuff and share info.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have NO experience w piston guns the price is way out there so really have never looked into them.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I may buy a piston upper one of these days, but I will probably get a Stag model 8 and get them to do it in 6.8 SPC. Stag doesn't advertize that they will do their model 8 in 6.8, has to be a special request.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How much would a mod 8 be in Piston? Is that an 18" barrel?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i have been looking at a piston system for my 20" 223 wylde barrel but i think im going to save up and get my 20" barrel and my 10" barrel at the same time. then ill order 2 piston systems. i have found its about $300 for the piston system for each

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, that sounds better than most.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i have too many other rifles to finish before i start those projects. i just ordered 5 more lowers to get all my projects back on track