Need some shotgun help.

Arnold Galvan

Mckinney, Texas
My Daughter bought an H & R break open shotgun from a friend. We noticed that the stock has a little bit of wiggle and can't figure out what type of screw driver to use to tighten it up. All of the screw drivers I have are long enough, but the handles are too big to fit in the stock. Anyone have some info on what I can use?

Thanks
Arnold

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Measure the length you need then head to homedepot or somewhere that sells tools.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The NEF stocks take EITHER a straight slot or a socket head in (IIRC) 5/16ths. I use a 3/8ths drive ratchet and TWO of the long extensions. I put on whatever head is applicable and unscrew the longish bolt.

When reinstalling it,use some BLUE Loc-Tite or some clear fingernail polish on the threads. Torque it......"tight". Also,as it is getting tight,wobble it back and forth in order to get it to mate up with the receiver EXACTLY where it was when you took it off. ---pruhdlr
EDIT To Add: I use a 3/8ths drive because IMO you can't put enough torque on a long screwdriver unless it has a square shank in which you can put a wrench on.

Last edited:

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just a bit of FYI. While doing tactical trng in the Stan and doing weapons work just about every pistol grip and stock loosened up on the AK's at one time or another. No Locktite available but plenty of spray paint for the tgts. Take the bolt out and spray paint it and immediately replace it. Acts just like locktite. Never comes loose again.